Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Symulatory TQ

hi guys.... i have one of the Symulatory TQ's. This looks to me to be the exact same thing with a few refinements. i would imagine that FSC have undertaken to market this product because, to be kind, symulatory are not at the front of the queue when it comes to answering e-mails or when support is needed. but in fairness i think that is a language communication issue and not intentional.
    my TQ is almost two years old and with a few 'modifications' it has given me excellent service as long as i keep it clean and well lubricated (good old WD-40).
    so i think with the design input from our italian friends on the electronic side and hopefully
    a better level of backup, we could have a product here which could be succesful if the pricing can be 'streamlined' a little. as dave rightly says, for the PMDG, the TQ, Driver and shipping would be almost 3000 euro's - phew !
    have a great day and as always .... regards from the welsh borders.

TQ

Ian, nice to hear your still in there, the Welsh Borders that is...)

I still don't feel that the first set of questions have been answered yet, yes I know it works with PMDG (on its own with bog standard FS9), but what does it do with FSUIPC and the various modules from MCP, do they work OK too, aspecialy AP disconnect and TOGA?

Is your TQ motorised?, can't remember from the visit we had earlier in the year?

best wishes

Daveanne

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

TQ and CPFlight

sorry dave, i can't answer your questions directly because i have connected my TQ up thru a bu0836 card. i have also disabled the joysticks in FS and calibrate and assign everything inside FSUIPC. however i also have cpflight MCP,MIP737 and MCPEX boards and there are no issues at all with these.
    forgive me, i may be wrong, but it is my understanding that the 'driver' would read more from FSUIPC than write to it. it will read the position of the levers and then translate that information into lateral movement using the servo's.
    i have TOGA and A/T Disconnect working fine with no issues
    right now, i dont have automation in the TQ, but i have here the phidgetts kit and it is something i want to take a look at in the future. but there always seems to be other priorities.
    if you can't get a direct answer here, go straight out and ask FSC. it'll give you an idea of
    the level of support. no company worth it's salt wants a prospective customer to get away ))
    regards from the land of OZ ... ian

25+ Posting Member

Guys,

The TQ I recently purchased from Symulatory for 1500 Euros arrived prewired with an electronics board and IDC socket attached. No documentation whatsoever on how to implement it. While the TQ is almost exactly the same as the one from FSC and included all servos and motor, I ripped it all out and rewired it and replaced the cheap and nasty components with better quality ones (apart from the servos - Hitec). So now all the servos, motor, pots and switches work. I have added a small relay board that cost me less than a fiver to make and it's function is to cut the power to the servos individually when the AT etc is disengaged or auto spoiler is not armed.

I am the same as Ian as I have a BU0836x for all my pots and switches on the TQ, but I am using the Opencockpits USBServos card to drive the thrust levers and spoiler arm. SIOC is the main system behind my whole flightdeck as it is very configurable. However, even with all this (2 or 3 days) work I could still not imagine paying 3000 Euros for this piece of kit support or no support. When you buy from Symulatory you don't expect support anyway, but with a little effort, I have transformed this TQ into what I wanted.

I understand that we are all using various technologies (FSBUS, Opencockpits, CPFlight etc) but 3000 Euros is double the price of this, the same product without the support. I just think you will be paying an additional 1500 Euros for support from FSC. I am not saying it is not a good product, in fact it appears to be of slightly better quality, but I dont see an additional 1500 Euros difference from the Simulatory TQ.

That's just my perspective though and I am glad I bought the Simulatory TQ.
    You can compare from the pics of my finished TQ at www.boeing737ng.co.uk/T_TQ.html and let me know where you see the additional 1500 Euros in the FSC one.

Best regards to all.

John

Reply to FSC TQ cost

Dear John and Mycockpit.org friends , thanks to permit me to answer and thanks to John because have create this important post ( for me and my company ) .

The cost of FSC Motorized TQ is 2.200 euro
    The USB Driver Plug & Play of Wideview is a thirdy part.
    The transport cost is 158 euro for USA ( about 20Kg )
    The transport cost is included of assurance cost full-risk ( damage and loss )
    This low price is possible because Professional Show s.p.a. buy about 400.000euros every year of shipment bulletins from DHL .
    The cost is included of wood case .

FSC TQ is a special and different version of Poldragonet ( for our 200 pieces order ) with USB port for fast Plug & Play and some parts come from Italy.
    FSC TQ have backlights .

FSC is not a small reseller but a Business Unit of the biggest pubblic company in Italy for Broadcasting Video System Integration.
    Professional Show s.p.a. ( mother company ) have a turnover more than 40.000.000 euros for year .
    Perhaps this does not want to say nothing but it , peraphs , can be a seriousness guarantee and economic ability to face the requirements of the market.

FSC and Professional Show s.p.a. have 120 Telephone Lines with 65 employees : When you call , a person answer ……… but only from 9:30 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 19 Italian Hour ( Miss. Ornella Ruin )

If the market dont’ will require new and better products without problems with a better support …….. in this case , we have mistaken .

We delivery time is 7 days ( we have 60 pieces in warehouse )
    You pay today and after 7 days you fly .

With our FSC USB Interface and Wideview drivers you dont’ need of Project Magenta or FSUIPC for full motorized controls ( and only 5 minutes to install all ) .

FSC have an special agreement with Poldragonet to sell this product in the world .

We have send an order to Poldragonet for 200 pieces : and thanks to this order have been able to begin the production of this new version of TQ that is much different from the old version.

From April 2008 , FSC receive from Poldragonet 20 pieces for month ( and we pay cash to help increase quality and products of Poldragonet )

A lot probably your TQ was in backorder: then Jackub has sent you one of the new series , but is not a FSC full USB interface : sometimes it happens !!!!!

Mr. Jackub is a friend and not only a supplier .
    The policy of FSC and Poldragonet will be the same but , must be close old situations.

Mr. Jackub ( owner of Poldragonet ) is a wonderful and honest person and a genius about Fly simulation products and FSC want help him and the market to increase with new products without problems .
    Our idea is : Jackub thinks , invents and creates and for FSC the hard task to sell and to finance the new searches and new products.

We will be partners of Jackub with all economic, technical and business aid that our company can give so that him can concentrates himself on the creation of new and always better products.

We think our price is correct and good for this kind of product .

But , i think we need to wait the opinions of the customers in the future about our product , quality and support.

Untill then ………… any thing the world will says , is OK .

P.S. In front of ours officies there is an poster with these words :
    “The money does not serve in order to become rich but in order to realize ours projects and ideas”
    ( the words are in Italian , but I am sure that you understand what you mean to say )

Best regards to all

Project Manager
    Girardi Leonardo

25+ Posting Member

Thumbs up

Hi Leonardo

I have to say my experience with Jakub has been excellent and I have had a very good buying experience with Symulatory. Their quality and eye for detail is to be commended. I am sure FSC is a great company and as you say you are providing a professional service to the community. However, my point is that we cockpit builders (most of us anyway) do not have super large amounts of money to spend unecessarily. This is purely a hobby and is expensive enough as it is. All I was trying to highlight is that I did not see the additional value for money in the FSC product in comparison to the one supplied to me by Jakub. Actually both your product and Jakub's are very acurate and detailed pieces of equipment and I appreciate the amount of design work and quality assurance that has gone into these products. I am not saying anything bad about either product, just voicing my opinion on cost. I do wish you every success in your venture and I will continue to do business with Symulatory because I have had a good experience with Jakub and his team to deliver quality goods in an acceptable time frame.

I trust this clarifies my point.

Best regards,
    John

10+ Posting Member

Hi, I have buy the FSC TQ and is absolutely great, I have installed the driver from Luciano Napolitano (great work) connect the power and the usb cable and in 5 minutes the TQ work very fine, the motorized work very well and the compatibilities is global, the only problem is with PM for A/T and TO/GA function, but I solve with an addictional joystick emulator card, I think the FSC know this problem and work for this.

Bye

Pino

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Pino,

Thanks for the comments, Great feedback.

Trev

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi

Following on from John`s comments, I asked Symulatory for an updated price and received a response from The Flight Simulator Centre! I do not want their product at 2200 euros plus vat etc. I just want the basic unit and will add the electronics as John has done.

Does anyone here have any experience of the Simparts throttle assembly?

Thanks

David

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

David, just want to add to your comment. I'm in the process of writing a review on FSC TQ. I've got to tell you, you truly get a Plug and Play unit.

I've had the opportunity to look around inside, and again I've got to tell you, heavy duty gears, made to last. No tiny servo motors, they're good size heavy duty.

I'll have a detailed report in the near future once I'm finished with my evaluation.

Matt Olieman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast