Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing flightdeck colors

Hi to all,

as this is my first post a big Hello and a short introduction: my name is Thorsten, living in Germany. Most of my time I´m building sceneries for FS9/FSX (www.sim-wings.de), but now I started (first step) a little Desktop cockpit "boeing style" for my "rare" flights to get the maximum fun

I use the sim-avionics software in combination with some TFT monitors fixed in a cockpit housing. I also want to use the CPflight 737 MCP (the small one) which I allready own together with the CPflight EFIS.

No my problem: I want to paint the cockpit in Boeing BROWN (tan). But I cannot find any color references for this. Does anyone knows the RAL color code? Or simply some CMYK values? (using my proof printer could be a solution)
    All pictures I found at airliners ezc. vary a lot.

OR: Because the MCP and EFIS are Boeing GREY and it will sure be a hard work to repaint them: Does any 777 (or other Everett twin aisle) exist that has a flightdeck painted in Boeing GREY? Maybe a custom order?

Thorsten

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Thorsten,

Welcome to MyCockpit.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...ht=Paint+Color

This link has a discussion which talks about the colors that you seek. I am happy to hear you have decided to try your luck at cockpit building. Please upload pictures to the photo gallery when you make some progress.

Other then that, keep us posted.

Best regards,

Trev

Hi Trevor,
    thanks for the link. Unfortunately all manufacturers of "like Boeing brown" mentioned don´t sell in Europe.
    So I´m looking for something "digital" that could help me finding the (more or less) correct colors. Like Pantone, HSK, CMYK euroscale, RAL. Perhaps someone knows....

Photos will follow as soon as something is worth to be shown.

Thorsten

25+ Posting Member

As what I understand from the link below
    These are the RAL numbers for the correct colours.

Dark Brown, Boeing spec 8924 (RAL?) used on keyboard buttons.
    Beige, Boeing spec 8925 (RAL?) used on knobs.
    Brown, Boeing spec 8328 (RAL?)

From RAL:
    The RAL colours have a four-digit number in combination with the letters "RAL" (e.g. RAL 102. The first digit is a system code number (1: yellow, 2: orange, 3: red, 4: violet, 5: blue, 6: green, 7: grey, 8: brown and 9: white and black shades). The remaining three digits are chosen sequentially.

A paintdealer should be able to mix it for you.
    My dealer fixed it with the RAL 7011 for my panels. He just put the code in the automixer and it did the rest.

I remember not to long ago I was in the same position myself, Now im lucky, i have a full real 767 MIP and nearlly all the pedistal components and a few overhead parts, now its funny, when you put all these parts next to each other not a single one match.

I too initially tried every reference thats on the internet, most came close, some where nowhere near, the most critical thing is how much matting agent is required which can change the original color, a standard RAL code dont give you that info.

Your best bet is get your hands on a real AC part and take it down the paint shop and get them to match it, there are a few bits on ebay at the moment, thats what I did

[QUOTE=CoNa;60800]
    Dark Brown, Boeing spec 8924 (RAL?) used on keyboard buttons.
    Beige, Boeing spec 8925 (RAL?) used on knobs.
    Brown, Boeing spec 8328 (RAL?)

From RAL:
    The RAL colours have a four-digit number in combination with the letters "RAL" (e.g. RAL 102. The first digit is a system code number (1: yellow, 2: orange, 3: red, 4: violet, 5: blue, 6: green, 7: grey, 8: brown and 9: white and black shades). The remaining three digits are chosen sequentially.[QUOTE]

Hi,
    I checked it at the local german color dealer. The Boeing color numbers dont match to RAL colors. It´s right that "8" is indicating a RAL brown color, but the following numbers of the Boeing specs will lead to totally different colors than expected.

For me the solution was, as I dont have any original painted part, to check flightdeck pictures, FS models etc and to find a color that will fit best to all sources I had found. (I also could see that the Boeing brown has a lot of variations, some flightdecks have more than 5 tones) Than I converted it to a CMYK color file and printed it on my proof printer (I´m also working in the graphic business). With the proof I went to the color dealer and we have found some colors he mixed with his machine. The advantage for me is that I can print my own panels and they´ll fit to the painted color.

If someone is interessted in "my colors", these are the CMYK values:
    dark brown: 70, 80, 73, 61
    mid brown (panels): 52, 58, 66, 0
    tan (kobs): 16, 14, 22,0
    Take care: These CMYK values are only usefull when printed with the european "EUROSCALE" colors and printers.

For others I add the RGB values:
    dark brown: 53, 41, 37
    mid brown: 157, 133, 105
    tan: 228, 221, 207

Remember: These color values are in no way scanned or measured from real Boeing aircraft parts. These are my individúal colors I choosed and maybe they´ll help someone else as a starting point to find his own solution.

Thorsten

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Boing paints with brown to hide dirt. So just paint the thing the color of your local dirt and your all set.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Hi Thorsten,

If interested let me know I can send you a sample of the Boeing (brown) I have a can of that paint if u already figured it out or are happy with what you have its ok.

Nihad