Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Middle GA

Hello Folks,

I am glad to have found this center for DIY flight simulators. My co-workers think I'm crazy that I plan on making one for the home and this site proves that I am not alone!

My goal is to have a 757 pit running x-plane. As of now, I am starting off with small projects,DIY rudder pedals and small panels, to get me up to speed with available technology. After I come across some good references, I plan on framing up the cockpit and go from there. I am currently deciding which avionic set up I want to model. I like the current style with a mix of glass and analog instruments. However the new side by side glass cockpit would be far easier to put together.

Being that I have just come on board, I am happy to see the numerous options available which will allow me to make my pit as accurate as I care to make it. What I find really interesting are the possibilities of adding motion as well as new visual solutions to my final design.

I'm hoping in the near future that I will be able to start adding to the wealth of knowledge!

See You In The Clouds,
    simunut

BTW, I am an avionics type on aircraft... primarily weapons systems. Not too far off I will finally grow up an become an EE to support my hobbies. Hobbies..... everything! I am trying to limit myself to photography, electronics and my flight sims. However, I am known to frequent amateur radio, turn a wrench on cars and recently upon running across shopbot.... looking into wood working. Soon I hope to invent more time for play and less time for work!

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Welcome aboard simunut !! Good luck!
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com