Thread: Doctor Please

25+ Posting Member Lewis Simmons's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Doctor Please

This isnt your average topic here but I really would like a second opinion about a pain I have in my left tibia. I was diagnosed by my doc this morning but on the web the symptoms just dont match up.

I have a thought of what it might be but I really would like the opinion of a doctor. Is anyone here a doc who could have a chat with me for 5-10mins. It won't take long. Or does anyone have a friend who is available? Not like your local doc just a friend you know who is a doc.

The pain is horrible and I don't think my doc got it right.
    Many Thanks,
    Lewis Simmons

Super Moderator

Lewis this pain is very common it is caused by a lack of flight sim and I recommend at least one hour a night building time to get mind off pain. He he Lewis just joking my friend.

I wish I could help you as I’m not a doctor but then again each month gives me new pains due to my age.

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

I would suggest just making an appointment with another doctor that your insurance provider covers. It's an incrediably bad idea to ask random strangers on the web about health issues.

Airbus

Heheehe Joe thats hilarious
    Lewis,
    If a board certified M.D. who actually physically examined you said what it is there is a very high probability thats what it is. using the net to self diagnose yourself makes as much sense as doing heart surgery on yourself with a DVD. No certified Doctor M.D. in the world would even think about giving you advice of a medical nature over the wide world web or even the telephone. Your pain could be caused by any number of 100 thingsfrom spider bites to growing muscle cramps to a ligamental tear. Additionally, this is a Flight Sim Hobby website certainly not a DIY Doctor referral service. Sorry to appear so blunt and unfeeling regarding your pain,but you truly need to think about what your posting, where your posting it and how it may be received before typing. This is just my opinion, and as anyone you are always entitled to another Doctors evaluation after all it is your Tibia Good luck with it.

Tim
    A340
    Canada

25+ Posting Member Lewis Simmons's Avatar

No matter the situation, you always find humour in the situation

Sorry bout that i was just in a bit of a frenzy since Im going away in a few days so I want to get it sorted.

Hey Tim, there is great news waiting for you in the WF crew forums
    Many Thanks,
    Lewis Simmons

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Simmons View Post
    No matter the situation, you always find humour in the situation

Sorry bout that i was just in a bit of a frenzy since Im going away in a few days so I want to get it sorted.

Hey Tim, there is great news waiting for you in the WF crew forums
    Really Lewis I was just joking. I come from a family of doctors as all my brothers and sisters went through medical school. Unfortunately, I’m the black sheep of the family that went onto flight simulation(LOL)!

Just talked with my brother(Trauma Surgeon) and he said when in doubt seek another opinion. Please keep us advised on your medical condition.

Joe

300+ Forum Addict

Smile Agree and Disagree

Hey Lewis and Tim,

I was going to give you some ideas earlier, but you really did not state any symptoms. So, I'd have to agree with Tim about getting ideas from others on the Internet; however, I disagree at the same time that you cannot get some rather good suggestions from the Internet. The point is, although this is MyCockpit and WebMD might be a better place to share health related issues with others, it does not hurt to use all avenues. And, sometimes someone else might have gone or be going through the same thing you are.

Using the internet is a good method (sometimes) that can help you be better prepared when you do GO to the another doctors' office again. It helps to do research for your health, as well as your simulator project.

Also, I can tell you from my real life experiences that doctors are like anyone else, they guess when they don't know (certified or not). Tim I think you're an awesome guy and I wish I could've had you there when some of the doctor's, surgeon's, and other quack's gave me bad advice or did bad procedures that were totally useless, unless you think about the money they made, and then it's not useless for them... Really, I would love to have you kick some of their butts for me since I cannot get out of this stupid wheel-chair to do it myself!

Finally, I mean no disrespect to anyone, nor am I being negative towards you guys. I am just trying make the point that you need to be well prepared and know what they're doing to you and say no if you don't agree with them. In fact, tell any doctor that you disagree and you could be surprised. Now, I could go on and on here, but I rather talk about simming and not my opinions of health professionals...

Lewis, you can PM me and I can tell you all the things I've gone through. The Tibs and Fibs are an area I am really knowledgeable in. Really. Thanks Tim.

John

Airbus

LOL Thanks John,
    Well worded , well managed

Tim
    A340
    Canada

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

If the pain is really that bad, then maybe you need to go direct to the hospital. Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/