Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello to everyone

Good day to every one!!

I am new here (in cocpit building) but kind off old in the Flying part.
    Now how old could i be? i am 20 years old and since i can remember my self around a pc i would play FS.

Now the issue is that i have found too many websites too many treads everything is just too much.
    At the moment i am flying From a laptop using X52.. I think its time to spice it up a bit, to a 737 800 NG.
    The laptop kind of new i run fs and everything else on it, i also have a computer thats older with 2.6 Ghz 1gb ram , Nvidia 5200 at 256 i dont use them together yet.

I need to know for starters if the computers are ok or i need to by anotherone. (of cource i am going to buy at least 2 more deskop computers 1 for the fs and the second for the systems, i am planing to by a pc close to my old one, as a second pc, is that ok? or something better)

Also by the time i have the two pc's (laptop and old desktop) i am going to buy the PM software.
    So please tell me what do i need to buy? pc's? what kind of sceens for the pilot panel?
    every thing will be very helpfull.

Thank's in advance
    george

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi George, and Welcome to Mycockpit.org.

I knwo that there is a lot of absorb, and you will get through it, and we can help. There are some things that you need to do on your own, that being said, nobody can tell you exactly what or how to do what it is that you hope to acheive.

The big thing to know here, is that Laptops for Gaming, are not good at all. Also, with flightsim releases demanding more power from computers daily, it is important that you keep the future of upgrades in mind.

If you are planning on running Project Magenta software you should have at the very Minimum.

1 X Flight sim Pc
    3 X Client Pc's I would recommend 4.

the Client pc's really don't matter how good they are, but your flight sim PC should be cutting edge.

Many people use 2 17" LCD's and 1 19" LCd''s for instrument displays, but that will depend on what type of Main instrument panel you want to use.

Hope that gets you started.

Best regards,

Trev

3. Thanks georg_sta thanked for this post

Very well, it has started me allready.
    So 4 to 5 pc's in total.
    but isn't there a chance that instead of using 3 client pc's i could use 1 kind off old and one new and good? so 2 in total?
    my goal is to make the captains side and the overhead panel for start and then the F/O's side (sort of funding to do that both in the same time)
    also what is the client pc's are corresponded to?
    for that task i meen. and they are connected to each other via LAn or something else?

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

yassou giorgo

hello george,
    welcome to the world of cockpit building.
    if we can help you, please just ask.
    regards .... ian (lgza)

6. Thanks georg_sta thanked for this post