Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by 767300 View Post
    I think Ray makes a valid point that peolple should voice in a reasonable manner to the PM team any concerns. Perhaps folks could start a thread listing bugs etc for the entire community to see. Then point the PM team to this thread. I have found that angry emails go unanswered.

James
    Thanks James. That is an excellent suggestion. I will start a new thread and perhaps the mods could pin it. I'll start with the aircraft turning into waypoints problem in FSX.

2. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

David, PM public forum was moved in it's entirety here. So the wealth of knowledge is here offered by PM, that tells me PM's commitment to us is still there.

This support forum is to help each other. If you've got a problem, write to PM support, they will answer you, but don't insult them by criticizing them, then they won't answer. Besides, they don't deserve it.

Regarding updates.... GEE how many updates and corrections do you get from MS FS in a year, and there team is comprised of how many?????? Let's see PM's team, 4 I think.

MS FS has sold millions of copies, PM sold.... how many in it's lifetime, and still provides free support and updates. If you bought a new upgrade to MS FS (go back to Sublogic days), how much would you have spent, and how much support have you received when you found a bug?

In my FS lifetime, I've seen FS-Ad-On software companies come and go because of the misunderstandings and highly criticism they've taken on and they finally said, this is not worth it. So they went away. I can give you quite a list, and some of you know who they are.

That's why I won't let it happen here!!!!

Matt Olieman

Super Moderator

I support Project Magenta 100% and have only very good things to say about them.

Whenever I needed computer codes or had questions PM has always gotten back with me immediately and it has always been that way, even before InnovativeFSP.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post

In my FS lifetime, I've seen FS-Ad-On software companies come and go because of the misunderstandings and highly criticism they've taken on and they finally said, this is not worth it. So they went away. I can give you quite a list, and some of you know who they are.

That's why I won't let it happen here!!!!

Matt Olieman
    One thing is for sure from my point of view and experience, if you brought Top quality software and have good support, that product will be stay ont top for years to come.

Two good examples on that:

Level-D 767
    PMDG 737, 747

150+ Forum Groupie

Wink Why not ? It would be classical "internet magic" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Proudfoot View Post
    Thanks James. That is an excellent suggestion. I will start a new thread and perhaps the mods could pin it. I'll start with the aircraft turning into waypoints problem in FSX.
    That's an excellent appendix to an already excellent idea !
    Let's try to keep things sorted, though, otherwise we'll end up with a lot of confusion ... and the clever intuition behind the idea will sink.

IMHO&P, every single software module (GC, CDU, PMSystems, MCP, etc.) should deserve not only a thread of its own, but a forum subsection of its own, containing - thread by thread - the open issues found by users and related to that specific module.
    One extra subsection could contain behavioral issues which are not clearly referred to one single module, until they can hopefully be diagnosed and moved to the right place ...

Therefore, threads related to duplicated issues could be removed, and those related to solved issues could be closed, in order to keep the section updated and reliable for all users ...

... and for the PM Team themselves, should they decide to favor - to some extent - this kind of relation with their faithful and beloved customers, without getting too many duplicated mails from those who didn't notice, by reading from the appropriate forum subsection:
    - that the question has already been raised
    - that an answer has already been given
    - that the solution will be provided with the next s/w upgrade
    - and so on ...

Those simmers who desperately need to contact support@projectmagenta.com could - nevertheless - be so kind to do some "copy and paste" here; and the PM Team themselves, who might need to save time, avoiding to answer to the "same old problem" once again, could do some copy and paste here, too ...

This could make the forum REALLY useful, much more than today, the right place to find and exchange precious info, rather than a mediatic loudspeaker for those who just want to blame someone or complain about something ...

Let's break the silence from/about Project Magenta, but in a positive and proactive way !!!

IMHO,
    Eu
    Last edited by eudoniga; 06-24-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added mention to "uncertain" issue genesis
    Happy landings and always three greens !!

Eu

7. Thanks Ray Proudfoot, Tomlin, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

I totally agree that we should make the effort here to make sub-forums for each of the PM software and list the issues and fixes for each set of software and above all, KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL. None of us fell off the turnip truck yesterday, but we all will not get anywhere with stacks of negative criticism either. Matt, can we do this?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

75+ Posting Member

Sorry if this was already suggested - but could we add "work-arounds" to these problem reports?

What I mean is that when reporting a problem, if anyone has found an operational procedure that avoids the faulty PM behaviour, while it may not be 100% realistic, it could still be far more desirable than not being able to use a particular function in the PM software at all.

An example might be as follows:

Problem: The PM Airbus FCU SRS mode does not always work correctly and the FD does not command a pitch to hold V2+10 on take-off.

Workaround: Do not use managed speed on take-off in the Airbus FCU but instead use selected speed set initially at V2+10 and then it can be manually increased to maneuvering speed etc.

/Ryan.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    I totally agree that we should make the effort here to make sub-forums for each of the PM software and list the issues and fixes for each set of software and above all, KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL. None of us fell off the turnip truck yesterday, but we all will not get anywhere with stacks of negative criticism either. Matt, can we do this?

DONE!

If you want anything else, Let me know.

Trev

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    DONE!

If you want anything else, Let me know.

Trev