Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from another West Aussie

Hello,

I've been a lurker for some time.

A real world private pilot, I like to fly something different on the computer but don't have thespace, funds or time to put into large commercial airliner sim. I do love the "Warbirds" though and so have settled on a Spitfire IX cockpit. The first time I heard a Merlin engine I was spellbound. The fast flying Spitfires of the PRU seem to offer all the real world light aircraft handling and navigation challenges along with the thrill of a warbird.

Hoping to learn something from, enjoy and hopefully even offer something to, this forum. Glad to be here.
    "Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.

MyCockpit Support Staff

G'day mate from Gwyn in Thornlie!

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

3. Thanks Tony Hill thanked for this post
    Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Tony,

Looks like the West Aussies are taking over (hey Matt ). Welcome to the pit world and what a great craft to simulate! I use to love watching and hearing Bill Wylies P51 at Jandakot, unfortunately all gone now.

How far are you along with the build or are you still in design phase?

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

5. Thanks Tony Hill thanked for this post

Thanks guys,

I am in the planning/aquisition stages (read "selling my soul in SWMBO promises").
    I have the Spitfire blueprints, gunsight, spade grip(both hopefully here tomorrow), all the electronics (betainovations IO, phidgets 64), a saitek throttle quadrant to butcher for that, access to a laser cutter to do three dimensional instruments (static for starters) most of the tools I'll need and a good plan in my head.

I too miss Bill's Mustang. Unfortunately the back seat was passenger only, so I could never justify the cost of a ride. I did pass up the chance to fly a Spitty once...which taught me to grab things while you have the chance..they put her into trees a couple of months after that with an engine failure. Both killed. I've not ever been able to find another two seater licensed for training.

Any way, thanks again and glad to be here
    "Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.