75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SIOC Scripts and Computers

Hi guys,

a question that has been bugging me for awhile now is how to setup my IO cards and sioc scripts.

What I'm wondering is if it is best to have all the IO cards attached to just one pc and have just have one large sioc program running mip/mcp/efis and o/head, or if it would be better to have the io cards attached to various networked pc and run separate sioc programs.

My next question is if separate sioc scripts are used on different pc's can they use the same variable identifiers? (eg. Var 01, Var 02 etc).

Logic tells me that this should be ok as each script is not aware of the others and the pc's are different but I would just like to hear what some of you think.

cheers

Paul

25+ Posting Member

I am pretty sure SIOC works on a master client sitution when it is applied to other computers on a network. The master then communicates with each client passing and receiving the contents of the variables. Therefore I imagine the 9999 variables that are allowed are applicable across all the computers on the network.
    Perhaps Nico would be best place to confirm the setup required as he is the SIOC 'guru'.
    Andy

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    What I'm wondering is if it is best to have all the IO cards attached to just one pc and have just have one large sioc program running mip/mcp/efis and o/head, or if it would be better to have the io cards attached to various networked pc and run separate sioc programs.
    Both situations are supported.

I recommend to attach all cards to just one PC and run one SIOC program, like I do. This way it's easier to keep track of all your variables, and setting this up is also easier. The config_sioc.exe compiler is very fast, so there is no need to split it up from a performance point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    My next question is if separate sioc scripts are used on different pc's can they use the same variable identifiers? (eg. Var 01, Var 02 etc).
    Yes, they can share the same variable numbers, but again, to Keep It Simple: just do everything in one SIOC program.

Regards,
    Nico

75+ Posting Member

Thanks, I though that would be the case.
    I agree that using just one script would be easier to manage and since that does not effect performance that's what I'll do.

Paul