Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Well it definately works!! I loaded flight sim then switched to window view (turned off full screen/ ALt ENTER). I loaded my aircraft and panels, then undocked them and moved them to the correct screens. Once they were on the correct screens I switched back to Full screen dragging and expanded them to fit the entire screens. I then just switched back to windowed view and saved the flight. The interesting part next caught me out until I finally worked out what was happening. When you next load your saved flight you will find all the panels loaded on the one screen. Switch to windowed view first before loading your saved flight!! Then onced your flight is loaded click on the front panel you can see and undock it. Then the panels will automatically fly across to the appropriate screens in undocked mode ( they probably wont fit the whole screen at this stage). All you have to do then is go back to full screen and voila....panels will expand to fit the screen and are in exactly the right place and in full screen ) Thanks to all who helped me work this out.!! All I need now id TH2GO and a projector and I'm halfway there

Boeing 777 Builder

Thanks Drewsta,

There has been a lot of talk about this reduction in functionality over at Avsim with Stephane's little app being the only work around apart from your listed manual procedure. Phil Taylor was unaware of it til just before the release of SP2 however the resolution never appeared in that update. It's a big setback for cockpit/multimonitor builders particularly since it works fine in FS9.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

3. Thanks Drewsta thanked for this post

I don't know if this might be computer specific in some way?

Cause it works fine for me with FSX - no need for extra software (running TH2G w 5 monitors).

I did the normal routine: Opened the desired flight in windowed mode, opened my GPS, then undocked and moved the panel and GPS to the two lower screens, then saved the flight (still in windowed mode).

When I start FSX, I can load my flight, and it pops up IN FULL MODE (if I exited FSX last time that way), with the panel and GPS positioned on the lower screens where I want them. And by the way, it also retains all other settings I had, like zoomed out/eyepoint position.

One IMPORTANT note though: you cannot resize the panel/gps before saving the flight, it makes FSX go nuts when you try to load it again(??). So you still have to do that when you reload, but that's a minor issue.

PS: I'm on win XP

I just installed FSX on a brand new PC, and I dunno if there might be some issues or other with other PCs??
    Jytte

http://simpit.christrup.net (også på dansk)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12