2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Monitor size with TH2G

I'm at a point where I'd like to get a wider outside view. I searched for some answers to this but there is much to wade through and didn't find anything on the first page.

I have one Samsung 24" monitor and have access to a second. Can the TH2G handle the resolution of two of these monitors for the front outside view or would I be better off with a Dual head 2 go unit?

Would a dual head 2 go handle 1900x1280? or would that be 3800x1280?

If I use both of these monitors that pretty much takes up the whole front of the airplane.

Another question bothering me, if I can use the TH2G with these monitors, can a use the third monitor for one of the instrument panel displays or will I have to keep that on a separate card output.

It seems that the TH2G is only for outside views or inside views but not both at the same time. Or a mix of the two on the same head.

Would someone straighten me out in plain english on what the TH2G and DH2G is capable of and what it's NOT capable of?

Thanks!
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Mike, I'll try to answer adequately.

From my experience the TH2GO will handle dual mode no problem, just remember to connect at least one monitor to the Centre output as this is the main one during PC boot.

The capable resolution is a mix of 1280x1024 per monitor (or 1280x768 in Widescreen), so for two monitors you could have a max of 2650x1024 and for three monitors 3840x1024. This doesn't stop you from setting your monitors to their native res of 1900x1280 but the screens will show a slightly distorted view of FS panels. This is no problem for outside views but may cause problems for panels.

The other problem you may get is if you mix monitors of different sizes and resolutions. The Matrox will see either of the above max resolutions depending on whether in Dual or Triple mode. However once setup you can drag any window you like to the monitors, just drag the outside view to two of the monitors and your chosen panel to the third, you may just have to adjust sizing and shape to display an accurate panel though.

In essence the answer is yes the TH2GO will accommodate all of your needs, you just may have to test it with the particular monitors you have and your particular requirements to see what works best. I'd definitely recommend it's purchase no matter what mode you use it in.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

3. Thanks Michael Carter thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Thanks Ken.

At this point I'd like to use both the large monitors for outside and the third output for the MIP. That frees my second output on the card for my engine stack monitor (which I don't even have yet).

I was also thinking of a TH2G for three outside views eventually, and a second DH2G for the two instrument panel displays.

My biggest worry though in the here and now, is mixing monitor sizes between inside and outside, and at a greater resolution than the TH2G is capable of displaying for the outside monitors.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!