10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

RCDU sizing issues

Hi all

I am still using the software in demo state but I don't think that is the reason for the following problem.

I can't get the RCDU to resize using any method at all. Any inputs I make from the RCDU only change the font/text/frame in the main CDU.

I have tried running both applications from various different computers on my network and always the same problem. I also tried modding the RCDU.ini directly but the settings get ignored on restarting the RCDU.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtanian View Post
    Hi all

I am still using the software in demo state but I don't think that is the reason for the following problem.

I can't get the RCDU to resize using any method at all. Any inputs I make from the RCDU only change the font/text/frame in the main CDU.

I have tried running both applications from various different computers on my network and always the same problem. I also tried modding the RCDU.ini directly but the settings get ignored on restarting the RCDU.

Any ideas?
    Did you ever resolve your issues with the RCDU? I just went through **** getting my RCDU to display properly on a hardware CDU and I may be able to help. I'm curious though about where you got a demo version of the RCDU. I can't find that anywhere in the PM website and all I can find there is the regular CDU demo version and no sign of a demo RCDU version.

Maurice

10+ Posting Member

Hi Maurice

I have not been able to resolve the RCDU! I just downloaded the 'non-demo' version of the RCDU and when I ran it, it started in a 15 minute time limited mode. I plan - and have been successful apart from said sizing issue - to run the CDU, RCDU and lower DU for a Boeing on one 24" widescreen monitor.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

You are running th RCDu and the Main CDU on seperate computers right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    You are running th RCDu and the Main CDU on seperate computers right?
    I thought I had resolved my RCDU problems, but far from that apparently. I have the strangest problem I have seen since I started toying with this crazy 'hobby'.

When I maximize the RCDU screen to adjust its position on the hardware RCDU, the maximized screen shows up where?.... in a different PC altogether where the main CDU resides . The maximized window shows up partly on top the main CDU screen and partly on the rest of the screen for that other PC.

The only way that can happen as far as I can see is if the maximized screen information is travelling over the network to a different PC and is somehow affecting the display on that PC. I can move that screen with the keys on the main CDU as well as with the key on the remote CDU but so far, I cannot move it back so that it shows up in the remote CDU screen where it belongs.

This has me totally baffled right now and I'm still trying to figure this one out.

More to come if/when I fix it or give up

Maurice