Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A little update...

A little update on things..

Well not much really, been side tracked by the Airbus boy's, yes you know who you are

I have decided to put a stop on building my own panels for now because i still have problems with backlighting, well not problems its just me being obsesed with wanting to use white LED to illuminate the entire thing and as you know the light colour produced by white LED's just dose not look right. So.. i have spent the past month just playing with different pigments in the paint i use until I get it right and 23 panels later i finally have a shade of dull yellow-pink that is as near as i can get to the real thing, see below, the "F/O AUDIO ENT" panel is a real 767 part, the WX radar panel is one of my own illuminated by standard blue-ish white LED's so im well happy with that

The first of the 6 required FMC's is nearlly complete, many many hours have gone into that one part alone, but i am allready on with the second, in the picture below the paint looks shiny simply because i had only painted it 30 mins before so i had to be very careful with it.

And...

I dont know if anyone had seen that 747 throttle quad on Ebay.. I won it!!!!!

I only bought it so i could measure it but now i have it I have to say I am very impressed by it, the flap lever mechanism and runner is to die for, machined from one billet of aluminium, beautiful piece of work, I think i will make some new light plates for it and polish it up for now and use it on my own setup.

I could not resist making a bodge job of a pedistal box using such composite materials like cardboard and duck tape

Enjoy!!

Super Moderator

Phil your work is awesome as always!

That quad is amazing, could not of gone to a nicer guy.

Joe

Airbus

WOW! Phil,
    Again truly amazing work, your bodge pedestal is better than most of our permanent ones lol. Great Quadrant I did see it on Ebay what did you finally get it for after shipping? Did the Syrup make it there yet? You probably think i sent it Pony Express and the horse drown on his way across LMAO But I assure you it was sent. Panels look amazing as usual my friend. Talk soon

Your Airbus Mate
    Tim
    A340

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

arh yes.... i did see that throttle quad... i wouldn't need it because im building a 737 and have a throttle already interfaced with fs... didn't let the thought pass my mind though... im glad it went to a person who will look after it well and will restore it to its former glory

well done on winning it!
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi phil,

Can you send us a link to the quad you won? How much did it go for in the end?

Cheers

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

PM sent paul.

It was just under 600 USD after shipping, but I dont care, it has answered every question I had about the throttle and I have now figured out a solution on how to connect the Pots and servos actually on the throttle arm so no need for any complicated mechanics and links leaving enough room under the throttle stack to locate the main FS PC.