Thread: 777 Mip Cad

25+ Posting Member Lewis Simmons's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

777 Mip Cad

All hail the jester of CAD drawings

Anyway...I started playing around in Google Sketchup today as tomorrow I will start designing the 787 MIP from pictures and common features with the 777. Later I will start the pedestal and overhead but I won't until I feel the MIP is close to perfect and is complete down to the last screw.

I spent a bit of time today on the 777 MIP below. Sorry but colours probably make it look horrible but it is impossible to get the colours perfect. Put a bit of detail into the display frames, no dzus, not any detail in buttons, no backlit text but it is 100% to scale...a part from the top part maybe, it looks a bit wrong.

Anyway didn't get this near to perfect because I'm not doing the 777...at the moment

Comments welcome.

Many Thanks,
    Lewis Simmons

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Looks Good Lewis..

Trev

300+ Forum Addict

Looking very good Lewis

Keep the ball rolling

150+ Forum Groupie

777 dimensions

Hi Lewis,

You're being modest. Most of us never get to visualize using 3D like that. Acknowledging that you're not building a 777, I probably will be. Do you have any measurements that you can upload, especially for instrument panels but also throttle, and fuselage? I found some technical drawings but the way they've written the measurements is like a quiz. All the info is there but you have to add, subtract then add again, then subtract, just to get a simple measurement.

Or are your 3D files portable in any way? I'm not sure I have anything to play them on but if they're in some kind of open source format, I'm sure I'll find something.

Thanks mister

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

25+ Posting Member Lewis Simmons's Avatar

Im using Google Sketchup at the moment which is free but impossible to use for sending off to a company to build.

I'm designing the 787 MIP in a different program later today and I will post some images later.

I can send the file to you. If you PM me with your email, I will email it to you nice and easy and you can download google sketchup for free from google.

I do have a workbook but it is from http://www.project777.com/ in the downloads section so it will be easier to get it directly from there. You do have to do a bit of subtraction etc but not too much.

I guess later once I have done all my 787 stuff or when I have a free moment I will finish the 777 MIP and upload it into the download section for all.
    Many Thanks,
    Lewis Simmons