Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: greetings

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlungs View Post
    You realise the sim at Flightexperience cost $600K apparently. The guy who runs the Wellington one (Steve Peters) is an aircraft leasing man and treats it as such. Rest assured your homebuild will cost more than you`d like too!

I have a very cheesy desktop setup here, which I thoroughly enjoy though it needs heaps of work. The big spend was a good $800 spent just to get the primary flight controls covered. My plan is a medium - large GA twin, originally a KingAir 200 based on the Aeroworx model but I am racked with indecision and sometime feel I might get sucked down the 737 Classic route. I`m not a fan of the NG`s / Buses as I do like old-fashioned navigation. My only custom panel so far is a switch panel, including a decent undercarriage lever. I interface using one Opencockpits card and a number of cannibalised USB gamepads. I`ve been busy playing with custom panel layouts on a second monitor, with a view to putting the monitor behind a panel with cutouts. This would suit an EFIS KingAir nicely.

You didn`t say where you`re based. If your in the Wellington area I`d be happy to assist..

Cheers

James
    Well, if you eventually go down the 737 route, there is always the -200. That's about as navigation intensive as you can get along with the 727 series.

I too like the old way of navigating. At least you had to know in your head where on the chart you were.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!