Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    10+ Posting Member Triggerhappy's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mike.. Roland.. Prof. Bill... You guys have no idea how mch you have helped me..

I am now the proud owner of a brand spanking new Logitech Force 3D Pro that I'll hack the FFB electronics ot of and use for my own stick.

I'll be sure to update you as it progresses..

And Mike..? Your book... well... It has found it's place right next to where I am absolutely sure to have sufficient quiet to dive into all the info..! Thank you..!

Ps. Don't even thing that I'm done bugging you on the FFB amplifying though..! just need to finish the Stick's trigger mechanism first. So by sunday you'll have me here going on and on and on again..

Pc no.1: Asus P4KC motherboard, Inetl Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce Quatro 7300FX, Modded Cougar and DIY Pedals, (main Pc running LockOn)
    Pc No.2: Asus Motherboard, Pentuim4 DualCore 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce 7300 Gx, (Used to control IOCards from Opencockpits.)

Short Update and a plea for help..

I took the FFB mechanics out of a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 USB stick and removed the handle with my home-made KA-50 Handle and switches:

The Handle is an old TM stick with my own KA-50 Box on top made from a handcarved foam plug:

The Trigger mechanism is also made by me.. I wanted it to look and work like the real thing:

Still some work needed in this though..

I have tested the Trim Function in DCS Blackshark with the new Cyclic Stick now.. And it works like a charm..!

However I will probably be replacing the motors with bigger ones like shown by Prof Bill in this thread (I will be bugging you for more info If that's okei with you?).

As I decided to use the buttons and coolie hat from the MS FFB Stick, I need to find out what the components in the small PCB inside the stick handle are?

The seem to be some combination of a 2to1 resistor/diode? Anyone have an idea of the values/function of them?

The reason I ask is that I (by mistake of course) used a much to high temperature while de-soldering the switches, and now some of the pads have come of..

So I might as well make a new and neater one..

Please help me out anyone, so I can start using it..

Pc no.1: Asus P4KC motherboard, Inetl Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce Quatro 7300FX, Modded Cougar and DIY Pedals, (main Pc running LockOn)
    Pc No.2: Asus Motherboard, Pentuim4 DualCore 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce 7300 Gx, (Used to control IOCards from Opencockpits.)

Thanks for the update, you did a great job. Im waiting for BS also. I know there's a Russian version out at the moment you can get. I like your thread, thanks for sharing your progress.

10+ Posting Member

Dragging this back to the top....

I've got a pdf copy of the repair and overhaul manual for the magnetic brake that is fitted to several Bell helicopters. Quite informative, but beyond my means to work out what is required to replicate it.

Anyone fancy having a look, the manual is only 11 pages long?

Please do upload it, or e-mail it to me on enokwang@hotmail.com ?

10+ Posting Member

Email sent with manual attached.

Re: Helicopter Force Trim building ..

Helicopter Force Trim building

The axe murder incident was the killing of two United States Army officers by North Korean soldiers on August 18, 1976, in the Joint Security Area (JSA) located in the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) which forms the de facto border between North and South Korea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123