Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Airbus

I guess to me the crazy thing is Lewis is only like 14-15 years old so 1 sim would be a major challenge for him because its a major chalenge for most of us who are fully completed our educations and careers under our belts family settled etc, but he wants to do 4 WOW! thats a serious heavy workload unless you have huge $$ and a full staff to do all the work I guess. Im pretty sure that Lewis is doing it all most himself tho so I think its a great dream and wish him luck. Sorry for the skeptisism but I guess after knowing what it truly takes to build 1 sim I guess I just have to see it happen to understand how its possible. I truly hope it works out Lewis.

Tim
    A340

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

14-15 yrs old?

Lewis come clean your not selling drugs to classmates now are you?

LOL 4 sims is a workload and I'm going with a simple military style generic helo/jet pit. I think I need to take notes from this kid!

Wink

QF-347's response says it all

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/f...ighlight=lewis

Just remember that people spend a lot of time, effort and thought giving answers to posts.......

Regards,

Darren

My A320 website: www.sugden.karoo.net

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Good Luck Lewis..

Congrats, and keep us posted on your progress.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Suggy View Post
    QF-347's response says it all

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/f...ighlight=lewis

Just remember that people spend a lot of time, effort and thought giving answers to posts.......

Regards,

Darren

My A320 website: www.sugden.karoo.net

Darren... ROTFLMFAO << I put alot of time , effort and thought into this response well ok not effort

Tim
    A340
    Canada

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Hrrrm, I want a jungle hiding behind my house too. My largest stubling block is I want a machine shop and a simpit building.

Lewis,

Your first post in the FDS forum was in Feb 11, 2007 and this is what you asked:
    Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a 777 single seat training device and I would like some help please. What type of screens do I need for the monitors? Do I need the pedestal with all the ATC stuff? Do I need the overhead panel? What software do I need to make everything work?

Now, more than a year later you have a jungle in your backyard where you want to build 4 large simulators including perhaps 2 full motion ones .

Pardon us for being a bit skeptical here, but I think you really need to buy a few switches and interface them to FS9 on a single PC and then decide how far you want to go with this. Obviously you either do not have the faintest idea about what is involved or this just a prank that you laugh about with your friends as you test how far you can carry this charade.

You keep asking meaningless questions which lead to nothing over & over since you must have changed your mind at least a dozen times since then and you still have nothing to show. Isn't it time you had a bowel movement or got off the pot?

I know and everyone here knows that choosing what you want to build is a tough decision, but at some point you must decide, start or quit fooling yourself. At the rate at which you are progressing, you will be an octogenarian before your first sim comes to life, unless of course you have enough money to write a big check to CAE. in which case you definitely would have the last laugh.

Maurice

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Alright guys, enough is enough. Beating up on a 14 year old, is not OK in my book. I've looked at his posts in the past here and there. Lewis is courteous and helpful, yes and has lot's of questions. AND I'm glad he's here asking them rather then out in the streets on drugs.

More power to Lewis if he accomplishes what says he going to do. If not, keep dreaming, because that's what us old farts did, long before we started building our dream machines. So Lewis don't give up!!!!

Matt Olieman

9. Thanks steveeverson, Lewis Simmons, W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Alright guys, enough is enough. Beating up on a 14 year old, is not OK in my book. I've looked at his posts in the past here and there. Lewis is courteous and helpful, yes and has lot's of questions. AND I'm glad he's here asking them rather then out in the streets on drugs.

More power to Lewis if he accomplishes what says he going to do. If not, keep dreaming, because that's what us old farts did, long before we started building our dream machines. So Lewis don't give up!!!!

Matt Olieman
    I would have to agree with Matt here.

I have had endless conversation with Lewis and I find him to be a very ambitious about flight sim. I think when he makes his move he will probably blow a lot of us out of the water.

More power to ya Lewis and like I have said never hesitate to call me if I can help.

11. Thanks Lewis Simmons, W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post

Nobody is questioning Lewis' ambition here. In fact, from the looks of it, he's got more ambition than the entire forum membership. Advising him to get started is way different than telling him to give up.

I don't think encouraging him to keep dreaming is doing him any favour. The only encouragement he needs is to actually start doing something and learn something useful in the process, because we all know there is a steep learning curve ahead.

Sometimes a little slap in the behind is better than empty words of encouragement imho. If it wasn't for my wife's little 'slaps' now & then, I would still be a couch potato. Oh how I miss those couch days!

Maurice

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast