Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

structure complete!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioy25nYCdzc[/media]

g.

Airbus

Definitely alot of work gene but .... What is it? lol 1/2 of a C172 or is it a fighter plane F16 or F18? Not quite sure what Im looking at exactly? Also entering and exiting with an instrument panel etc could be tricky? how much are you selling these for? Or is it just the plans your selling? Sorry for all the ?? but Im curious.

Tim
    A340

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tim, this particular cockpit is a generic single seat WWII style fighter.

The project is aimed at people that want to build their own cockpit. It's not a kit - the price would be prohibitive.

This (and follow-on cockpits) will be offered two ways:

1. "Router Kit". This will include building instructions, plotted full size plans for the complex parts, a CD with video that illustrates assembly and router templates that will be used to cut out the ribs and other complex parts using a standard router and a 1/4" pattern cutting bit. This version (for the single seat fighter) will be roughly $100.

2. "Plans Kit". This will include everything #1 has, but will not include the router templates. This would be an option for the budget minded that have either a jig-saw or bandsaw available to cut out the parts based on the drawings included - the part drawings will include 1 drawing for every part. This will allow you to cut out the pattern, glue it down to a blank and cut it out. 3M 77 glue is great for this kind of thing as you can peel up the paper after you're done. This version will be roughly $50.

Because I don't have a "standard body" model to use in Inventor, I had to make an educated guess on the size of the instrument panel. If I'm wrong, you'll bang your knees on the bottom edge when working the rudder pedals and I'll have to adjust the height. There would be no problem with getting in and out of th cockpit though.

Questions and comments are welcome Tim!

g.