500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A little bit "over the top" on the Fed's part?

For anyone building a military fighter pit and using a real cockpit shell....... this is a bit scary to read:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...-99f37fac5746&

best,

.................john

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

This has more to do with the fact that these "cockpits" Went through the demil process and where certified destroyed. Some one went to a lot of work to get them past the checks and that is what the government is worried about. Basically these where stolen. These where stripped even of the wiring. Nothing but scrap.. Unless of course you are a pit builder.....
    Bob Reed

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
    For anyone building a military fighter pit and using a real cockpit shell....... this is a bit scary to read:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...-99f37fac5746&

best,

.................john
    Yep, very much so considering proper delmil was preformed. More witch hunt news imho. It goes to show you someone doesn't know how demil works. I don't think anyone went to much of any trouble to bypass any checks and balances. Demil processes and EUC certificates are all witness by government officials. Only thing I see missing here is proper EUC certificate. Someone screwed up if one wasn't signed when the exchange of salvage occured. The paper trail for those cockpit should be easy to follow.

Although, the guy that bought those F-14 cockpit had to know there was an Iran stigma associated with F-14 stuff floating around. If that was me I'd have all my papers in order because there is always gonna be someone a bit overzellous in that situation. It's not normal to have fighter cockpits sitting around someone's house, but then again it's not illegal either if they've followed proper proceedures. There are some really cool simpits made out of demiled cockpits that are all over the internet. Off the top of my head I know of an F-15, a few F-4s, a few A-7s and a few A-4's that use real cockpits.

Truth be told these guys are so anal it hurts. What is a guy in USA heartland going to do with a friggin F14 paperweight thats going to affect national security requiring 20 paid servicemen to invade this guys property and confiscate his property. These guys should be banging on doors that issued the stuff not the poor shlep that paid hard earned cash to buy it. The guy should have said when the Navy arrived " Sorry boys Im excersizing my constitutional Right to bear arms" lol But seriously this is so ridiculous its laughable another example of how frivilously hard earned Tax dollars being spent, disgusting...NOW GIVE ME MY DAMN F14 BACK!@!!! lol

Tim
    A340

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    " Sorry boys Im excersizing my constitutional Right to bear arms"

best,

................john

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Truth be told these guys are so xxxx it hurts. What is a guy in USA heartland going to do with a XXXX F14 paperweight thats going to affect national security requiring 20 paid servicemen to invade this guys property and confiscate his property. These guys should be banging on doors that issued the stuff not the poor shlep that paid hard earned cash to buy it. The guy should have said when the Navy arrived " Sorry boys Im excersizing my constitutional Right to bear arms" lol But seriously this is so ridiculous its laughable another example of how frivilously hard earned Tax dollars being spent, disgusting...NOW GIVE ME MY xxxxx F14 BACK!@!!! lol

Tim
    A340

I guess I have the right to defend my countries military demilitarization policies and procedures.

I see nothing wrong with what was done. Period!

Please explain how it's done in Canada.

Profanity edited out of Quote.

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Honestly, there wasn't enough concrete information in that article to tell who was at fault, if anyone. Might be interesting to see how this plays out. Many of the key facts simply aren't there.

Was the demil of those planes properly followed?
    Did everyone sign the EUC paperwork?
    Did the final owner have the paperwork on hand?

It's very easy for the military to tell where all those demils occured and track the whole situation. It seems silly to me this is how it unfolded unless someone really did screw up in the documentation process. From what little I can tell from the article the demil was properly carried out. The only thing I could suspect here is that either the last purchaser was not a US national or citizen or the EUC paperwork fell through the cracks on the last purchaser. If neither was the case, it's all a wild goose chase.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I guess I have the right to defend my countries military demilitarization policies and procedures.

I see nothing wrong with what was done. Period!

Please explain how it's done in Canada.
    IMHO

In Canada, we don't demilitarize anything, we use the broken crap we have until it blows up and kills our own people. We do however buy other peoples crap. (Need I remind everyone about the UK Submarine we bought) the one that the British wouldn't even sink their money into, and it just about killed every Canadian on board when they were driving it home. Because it caught fire. Go figure.. a fire on a boat, and they have no water to put it out...

Military Intelligence, is an oxymoron in this Country I am afraid.

Plus keep in mind, we really don't have a lot of equipment like that. Any equipment we have like that like our expired F18's would all be sold and or stored in the same place US Retired aircraft go. (Arizona Desert)

Trev