25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Fourth monitor problem

Hi guys, hoping you can help me out as I'm getting seriously p*ssed with my hardware right now!

I've had a TH2G running with 3 acer 22" monitors for a week now, no problems whatsoever. I then plugged a fourth monitor into the second slot on my 8800GT and up loads the small 19" Dell monitor, whilst my TH2G monitors don't receive a signal.

I've tried unplugging the Dell monitor and my TH2G still doesn't get a signal, and even when I swap the leads around the TH2G monitors doesn't get a signal and switches to standby.

Now, even with the Dell monitor completely unplugged, the TH2G still will not load and the screens go to standby, meaning effectively I can have 1 small screen display of 19" or nothing at all. Clearly, having spent about £700 getting the bits, this isn't the result I was looking for! Does anyone know how I can get the TH2G screens working as my primary monitor again? I just wanted the 19" one to display Simcharts, but it's done nothing but bring me aggro!

I'm running Vista and my PC is made by Dell, which could explain why it sets the Dell monitor as primary. I would turn this off, but alas I can't get into the display settings without it on!

I've got a new MCP-Pro and throttle quadrant that I'm desperate to try out, but this is really getting on my nerves. Any help much appreciated guys.

Thanks.

25+ Posting Member

Jimmy

I am running a setup about the same as yours TH2go 3 21 inch monitors and a second off brand monitor on the second output also running vista on a Dell. I am not a that computer now but I think your Matrox control panel is where you will find the settings that should let all 4 monitors work. If you dont find it there let me know and i'll check how mine is setup. I would also check the usb cable to make sure it hasn't come loose.

Pete

25+ Posting Member

Jimmy

just checked my settings, its the Nvidia control panel choose multiple monitors and select dual view hope that helps if not let me know

Pete

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

An 8800 shouldn't have any issue pushing a TH2G through 1 port and a 19" through the second. Have you enabled the second monitor port via the control panel? You need to extend the desktop into it.

In Control Panel Classic View:
    "Control Panel" -> "Personalization" -> "Display Settings" -> Select the grayed out monitor -> Check "Extend the desktop into this monitor" -> "Apply"

Also, within this "Display Settings" window you have the ability to set any monitor as primary.

It won't send signal to that second port without doing that. Also...multiple ports do not work in SLI, so if you're using SLI, disable it and do the above again. I can't tell from your post if you have an SLI setup or not. The 8800 can push up to 8196 pixel width, so I don't believe this is a hardware issue.

If you troubleshoot all the above I posted it should all work ok.