Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I'm drooling...... I can't get over the beautiful work you've done on this panel.... If mine would only look half as good.... Fantastic Phil, really .... FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Cheers, im proud of this one,

It take 37 LED's to illuminate this panel, however i recon i could get it down to 30 or so if i have a bit of a play, mind you its a huge piece.

saying that, Airbus use 344 LED's to illuminate the same piece, so i must be doing somthing right

Dont laugh but here is a side by side view, just got the button edges to do now

3. Thanks Lewis Simmons thanked for this post
    WOW!!! PHIL! (DROOLING!!!)
    Those are amazing! Ok all I need now is a price on each panel so I can get on it That is absolutely incredible work Phil.

Regards
    Tim
    A340

Hey Phil,
    When Im looking close at the real Airbus panel backlighting what color are their LEDS yellow? Green? and how did you manage to get your hands on a real Airbus Hydraulic Panel that is truly amazing, I never understood exactly how airbus laid out the Backlighting for their panels. I'm very exciting at the prospect of possible getting all the panels I needed to redo my pit properly in backlighting. Thank you Phil for your efforts so far mate really appreciate your talents so very much.

I could just imagine you have a visit scheduled to visit Matt O in the USA and your talking thinking hmmmmmm what sort of gift can I pickup to give to Matt as a sort of welcome ? Hmmmmmmm Scotch? Nah An Old english walking stick? Nah... I know i'll make him a Hydraulic and electrical panel for his A340 lol too funny Not many people in the world can boast that talent for sure.

Regards Tim

Hehe, i need to get my backside over to the otherside of the pond give Matt a present of a couple of panels sounds cool but you know i will be walking away with his FCU!!

Well this weekend seems to have an Airbus feel so I will continue.

The back light colour looks to be orange, well thats what i thought so i went to the LED shop today and asked for some orange LED's but they had no stock so had to make do with yellow ones instead, however they only had five of them in stock so i cant illuminate the whole panel yet, just have 5 for now.

so i gave the yellow's a try, you are not going to belive this but they are a perfect match, and i mean perfect!!!!

this is where i got them from http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/263142.xml

I measured the light output from the real part and it peaked at 93 LUX so i adjusted the voltage on mine until they measured the same @1.97Vdc

I cant tell the difference

7. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post
    WOW!
    Thats INSANE! i want them I want them lol Phil can you PM with any and all detals to make that happen somehow? These are absolutely Amazing Phil great job!

Tim
    A340

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

My FCU your panels..... Hard decision LOL

They're beautiful Phil!!!!!

Matt O.

300+ Forum Addict

Matt, about time we had an Airbus week-end !
    Phil I have to say your work is as good as you can ever get. Extremely well done. I am at the moment doing my overheads on the CNC, so I am going to have to pull my socks up !!
    Does anyone know if the backlighting on the 320/321 aircraft are the same yellow colour. I have been using white for all of the pedestal and console, so perhaps I should stay with white for the overhead.
    Terrific inspiration Phil..........................Brian W.

Hi Brian,

These parts i have are genuine a320 so yes they are yellow/orange illumination using LED's

Just looked through my collection and the oldest A320 piece i have was built in 1997 and used the same orange/yellow LED,

12. Thanks brianwilliamson thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345