Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thanks much Peter !

I'm at work but I was able to quickly go over the mouse macro section of the new users manual.

Looks like it is exactly what JBaymore was looking for here .

If I read right,, I could create a gauge and assign (for example ) an ON/OFF switch using a mouse click to activate it.
    Then I could use FSUIPC mouse macro to assign a keypress to that mouse click,,, without having to find a Fs9 Token Variable or Event.

This would certainly be a big help in creating functions for cockpits that have different systems than the standard Fs9 fair or Pm 737 systems.

Lots of options on cockpits for payware aircraft like the PDGM series are now open !

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire9 View Post
    If I read right,, I could create a gauge and assign (for example ) an ON/OFF switch using a mouse click to activate it.
    Then I could use FSUIPC mouse macro to assign a keypress to that mouse click
    Well, almost. FSUIPC traps the mouse click and has a look in the code to see what it is doing. Then it calls the code directly instead, with the appropriately indicated mouse event. No mousing is then involved, and though of course the gauge code must be loaded (i.e. part of the current aircraft), the gauge does not have to be visible.

Unlike Key2Mouse, it doesn't work with all gauges. It may or may not work with XML gauges -- possibly not. It certainly doesn't work with the default FSX aircraft panels -- they all seem to dive directly into routines in PANELS.DLL. But it does with most every PMDG panel I've tried it on. So it may only be the C/C++ gauges that use the "MouseRect" structures which my mouse trapping is analysing. I don't really know enough about gauges to determine when it would or would not work.

It is essential to test it first (TAB key). If it works you then give the control a name. When you've finished the macro create mode, all that is saved in a MCRO file, and serves to add all the named actions as controls. They all then appear in the Button and Keys controls dropdown -- so you can assign buttons, keys, whatever, or use them as part of other macros. Etc Etc.

Regards

Pete

150+ Forum Groupie

When R/L and work are a little less busy,, I'm going to build a simple C++ gauge and do some experimenting.

Sounds interesting.

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Pete,

THANKS for the info!!!!!

I didn't realize that you were still updating the older version of FSUIPC. I though all your efforts had gone to the new version for "The X". Guess that shows the power of "ASSumptions" .

Since my hardware is not up to running FSX at framerates and detail settings that I'd accept...... I'll be with fs2004 for a good long while.

I don;t know what Matthias Liebrecht does with his gauge programming....... but I'll check this idea out for sure.

THANKS again. Might be just what I am looking for.

best,

..............john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12