Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

Maybe MS does not want us using FSX for home cockpits any longer?
    Not so. Don't know about MS intentions, but you can easily get rid of all the virtual cockpit parts so that all external views do not show any of the interior. Simply remove this line that says Interior=... & just leave the line that says normal=..... in the model.cfg file.

Just try it for whatever aircraft you are using & voila, no more interior getting in the way of your exterior views. Just add // in front of Interior=... so that it looks like //Interior=....

Maurice

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    Not so. Don't know about MS intentions, but you can easily get rid of all the virtual cockpit parts so that all external views do not show any of the interior. Simply remove this line that says Interior=... & just leave the line that says normal=..... in the model.cfg file.

Just try it for whatever aircraft you are using & voila, no more interior getting in the way of your exterior views. Just add // in front of Interior=... so that it looks like //Interior=....

Maurice

Doesn't that make your aircraft invisible when looking at it from Spot view?

Doesn't that make your aircraft invisible when looking at it from Spot view?
    Absolutely not. It's visible in all its glory

Boeing 777 Builder

Henry,

I installed a second PCI video card in my new system but FSX refused to load. At the startup screen it reported that the video card "didn't support Shader 2" (or something like that). The PCI card worked fine in FS9 but FSX obviously has more system checks to ensure adequate operation. I replaced it with a cheap 8500 card and it worked fine. In your case, remove the second PCI card and see if FSX starts up OK.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post

Maurice

No go Maurice.

I commented out the interior= line on a default FSX aircraft and an add-on aircraft. I saw no difference. In 2d mode, instrument panels and inside of aircraft are still visible.

No go Maurice.

I commented out the interior= line on a default FSX aircraft and an add-on aircraft. I saw no difference. In 2d mode, instrument panels and inside of aircraft are still visible.
    Commenting this line out is only part of the equation. Have you used the panel.cfg file supplied by PM with only the Views section (see NOTAMS section)? And also, make sure you use the 2D view by hitting F9 (you may also need to hit the W key, but I don't think this is necessary). I know this works because it works for me.

Could be I forgot something, but the above should do it.

Maurice

Tim
    Hi Maurice,

I finally got it to work, partcially.

Don't know why, but I needed to re-start FSX for the change to be identified. Just changing selecting a different aircraft with FSX still running would not work.

So, with the default FSX A321, commenting out the interior= line removed all instrument panels and interior views.

How for the other problem. I also tried with a freeware download aircraft. I commented out the interior=, but panels and interior views are still visible. This is after the FSX restart. I have emailed the author asking if he knows why panels are still visible after //interior=.

Thanks!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hi Maurice,

I finally got it to work, partcially.

Don't know why, but I needed to re-start FSX for the change to be identified. Just changing selecting a different aircraft with FSX still running would not work.

So, with the default FSX A321, commenting out the interior= line removed all instrument panels and interior views.

How for the other problem. I also tried with a freeware download aircraft. I commented out the interior=, but panels and interior views are still visible. This is after the FSX restart. I have emailed the author asking if he knows why panels are still visible after //interior=.

Thanks!
    Some of the after market aircraft do not allow the removal of the panels. This may be one.
    Bob Reed

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

This is based on the fact that the default aircraft in FSX each have 2 models. An exterior and an interior. You can disable the interior model and its supposed to give you an invisible plane from the inside but leave the outside so you can still see it from spot view but it never worked quite right. The entire plane becomes invisible for some reason even to a spot plane.

The easiest way to do this is to change the filename extension on the model file. Change 'interior.mdl' to 'interior.mdl.bak' Then start FSX. This works awesome unless you want to look at your plane flying from outside.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    This is based on the fact that the default aircraft in FSX each have 2 models. An exterior and an interior. You can disable the interior model and its supposed to give you an invisible plane from the inside but leave the outside so you can still see it from spot view but it never worked quite right. The entire plane becomes invisible for some reason even to a spot plane.
    This has not been my experience. I can see my plane quite well in the spot view. So something else is causing your plane to disappear. The question is what and I have no idea why that is at the moment.

Maurice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12