Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Grrrr! TH2G problem

Hi guys,

Been trying to sort it out all day but just can't get it to work! My three monitors display a REALLY poor image; I can see a small version of windows that covers the middle third of the first two monitors, and the last one just stays black. Aside from the middle of the other two, they also stay black. The writing is unreadable and so I can't play about with the configurations, and it's really getting on my nerves!!! I installed the Matrox software OK, but whenever I restart the computer it displays the same old shoddy image. Any ideas chaps?

I'm running it on 3 22" VGA monitors, so I've had to add 3 DVI connectors to plug it into the TH2G. Perhaps there's a problem here? I went in on 1 monitor and set the resolution on the one screen to 1280 x 1024, but whenever I plug in the other monitors with the TH2G I get the same poor result. I have the digital version and operate Windows Vista.

Thanks!

Hi,

The TH2G is specified for 3x 1024x768; maybe there is your problem? (Although I have read from others that had no problem in higher resolutions...).

Anyway, I run 3 19" monitors (1024x768 ) myself on the digital version, including three converters, and have no problem at all with it. So maybe your unit is not functioning properly?

Good luck,
    Hans

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Your resolution does not sound right. I do not have a TH2G we need one of the gurus to jump in here!
    Bob Reed

Wrong. When you select the resolution 1280 x 1024 it will spread this resolution over three monitors. So every monitor has a superlow res. Attach the monitors, en select 3072 x 768 or 3840 x 1024. Now it will work.. If you can't find this resolutions in your display settings you have to check your drivers.

Greetings Benno

25+ Posting Member

I can't check anything with the TH2G, it simply won't allow me to view proper windows on the monitors. The only way I can view anything is to connect one monitor into my graphics card in the standard fashion, but I'm unsure as to how this would affect the PC and the TH2G when I plug it in. When the TH2G's set up I can't view any real picture or read any text. It's really getting on my nerves because I can't play around with any settings all the time it's plugged in!

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Jimmy, in case you have not considered this. Make sure the monitor setups are set to auto source, not a specific resolution or frequency.

Just a thought....

150+ Forum Groupie

I assume that you have two outputs on your video card. Try running the TH2GO off the other output - that sorted me out when I had no picture on first connecting. And yes your res has to be 3072*768
    Regards
    Bill

300+ Forum Addict

I had the same problems. Make sure you are using the short lead supplied to go from your video card to the Triplehead. They do not like long cables there, so you then, can run long ones to the monitors/projectors. The software should be then readable enough to then put your requirements onto the rather poorly designed software set-up. Once you have that correct you should be ok.

Regards...................Brian W.

9. Thanks W9XE/Project777, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson View Post
    I had the same problems. Make sure you are using the short lead supplied to go from your video card to the Triplehead. They do not like long cables there, so you then, can run long ones to the monitors/projectors. The software should be then readable enough to then put your requirements onto the rather poorly designed software set-up. Once you have that correct you should be ok.

You sir, deserve a very large beer!!! I changed the cable for a longer one so that I could position the TH2G box on my table, not realising it'd have that effect. Thanks you lot for all your help! Now it's time to install the TrackIR...expect a thread in round about an hours time!!!

Cheers.

Brian is right, i also had a long extra cable between my pc and th2go and everything on the screen went blurry. Removed the extension-cable and the problem was solved. Also don't think the DVI connectors have anything to do with it. Any luck yet?

Benno

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast