Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up Three Tumbs Up for Brian and a beer :)

Brian is Good!!!!! Now that it's mentioned, I had the same problem when I started playing with it, when I first got it.

300+ Forum Addict

I have a 5 meter cable between my graphic card and tripplehead2go without problems. But I bought a high quality cable with gold plated connectors.

Could it be a cable quality issue when people get this problem?

3. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi guys,

Just when I thought I was over my TH2G woes, back they come. I recently went about setting up a 4th monitor, and this is where my trouble started.

After playing about with different settings I managed to get the TH2G firing, but I had to unplug the 4th monitor because when they were all plugged in together the 4th monitor became the main one and the TH2G monitors stayed blank.

Anyway, the three monitors are working again now, but my problem comes in that when I load up FSX, the game only plays on the first and far left of my 3 screens. Before I plugged in the 4th one it cast the image on all 3 monitors, now I can only get the game to play on 1.

When I used to use the PC when the TH2G worked properly (before Fourth-monitorgate) the desktop only used to display on the middle screen, with the two either side staying blank until FSX was loaded, when the game would then be projected across all 3. Now, the desktop is displayed across all 3 when I load the computer up, but FSX only appears in one! It's a complete reversal of how it worked before!

I have been into my display settings and I have one looonnnggg monitor as number 1 (which is the 3 TH2G mnitors together), but I also have a monitor numbered as 2- it is greyed out and I can't change anything about it. I find this strange as the 4th monitor is no longer plugged in to my graphics card, and I've even taken away the power supply! For it still to be showing up then is strange to say the least!

Any idea what's wrong? And how do I install the 4th monitor correctly? I only wanted it for free simcharts now I work for Jeppesen and it's caused me nothing but problems!

Hi Jimmy

It's normal to still show the 4th monitor even though it's not plug in as Windows will remember your settings. If I were to leave one of my monitors powered off by accident, I sure wouldn't want to go through the trouble of re-configuring it again.
    Although I'm on FS9, I find that if I setup a new situation, it will startup on just one monitor. I need to stretch the window across all my monitors. Once I drag panels around to other monitors, I have to save that situation otherwise I have to set it all up again next time.
    I'm not sure if that's your problem, but it's all I can suggest from the info you have given. When you do have the 4th monitor plug in, even thought it is showing as the main, go into Control Panel, Display, Settings, click on the TH2G monitor and check on the checkbox "Use this device as the primary monitor". Your 4th monitor should have the checkbox "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".
    See if that works.

Regards,
    Henry

75+ Posting Member

Something that should be considered and was mentioned was the video cable and it's quality.
    On some video cables that plug into your video card Pin 9 is often pinless. Pin 5 is used for testing purposes, and Pin 15 is rarely used; these are often pinless as well. To identify the type of monitor connected to the system, some manufacturers use the presence or absence of the monitor ID pins in various combinations.

The problems occur when various and different types of cable manufacture are used. One can often believe the problem is resolved by swapping cables but usually it is because one has selected a right cable.

I have a Weidmuller Palladin Tools (USA origin) cable tester here and sorted out all my cables and I can assure you that I have "binned" over 80% of my old cables. Post 55783 is a problem solution.

You can run a five metre cable of very good quality as the pins are usually properly wired to VESA SVGA Standards. The problems occur when one uses so called high quality cables of dubious non certified origin.
    Hope that this helps!

Bill.

Boeing 777 Builder

Jimmy,

I would also suspect the DVI to VGA adaptors you are using. I have my TH2GO (analogue) connected to one video card output via a DVI adapter plus another monitor #4 on the second video output then a second card with another monitor #5, all with absolutely no issue running under Vista64 with FS9 & FSX.

Remember also to set the video resolution in FSX Display settings to match your windows settings, this can sometimes (not always) cause issues.

Of course the other thing to consider is that you have a dodgy TH2GO!

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12