75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Greetings from Washington, DC

Hello fellow sim fans!

I've been lurking for a few months and I figure it's time to introduce myself now that I've made my first purchases of used B737 parts on eBay.

I don't know how I got obsessed with this, but my goal is to make a fixed-base B737-NG sim in my apartment. I have a room that is just barely big enough to hold a full sized cockpit.

I'm lucky in that I get to fly real airplanes for fun. I have about 1300 hours, and I just finished my instructor ratings, CFI/CFII/MEI. Most of my time is in the Piper Archer and the Cirrus SR22, but I also have some time in the Aerostar, BE55, BE58P and DA42. I just got back from the Sun-N-Fun airshow in Florida and I go to Oshkosh every year.

My dream to become a military pilot ended at age 7 when I got my first pair of eyeglasses. Now I have a regular job to pay for airplanes.

A few years ago I published a few software titles for the Palm handheld, coded in C, so I have some rudimentary coding skills. So I'm tempted to build my sim from scratch and do all the coding, but I'm also tempted by all the off-the-shelf solutions offered by great vendors like FDS, Engravity, Poldragonet, CockpitSonic and PM. The new trend in homebuilt aircraft is paying more for a 'quick-build' kit in order to save time and frustration, and I think I will take this approach with my sim.

If there are any sim builders in the DC area, I'd be interested in seeing your pits. I can trade sim time for time in a real airplane, although you may find the performance in mine a bit of a letdown after cruising at 500 knots!

Thanks to all of you who make this site such a great resource!

Peter

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Welcome aboard Peter. You're in the right place.... yep, with the rest of us flight-sim building nuts

I look forward toward seeing pics of your progress... and if you need help. We're all here to help

75+ Posting Member

Greetings from Washington, DC

Hello FS drivers,

This is my first post here, no doubt this website is a gold mine for FS enthusiasts. I am in the process of building a 737NG simulator (finally) after so many years of flying around with MSFS (FS 5.0 to present) and some talking to the wife to take a small area of the house for the project. Currently living in Maryland and always trying to find extra time to get the project going. It is a pleasure to share the beauty of aviation with you in this fabulous website. Peter, welcome aboard it is good to know that a fellow 737 driver is in the area. I will be posting a pic or two of my sim (Odyssey NG)progress later on.

Thank you and good day,
    Pedro.

Project name: ODYSSEY NG