25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to get smooth axis movements???

Hi all,

I want to get a smoother, yet nice reaction to yoke inputs. I don't want a fighter type responce to 737 roll or pitch and yaw. I roll, and I want a smooth, rolling type responce.

I know there is the flight model file and the aircraft file. What's the diff? Is the flight model just the plane itselfs flight dynamics and the aircraft one is more related to how FS2004 will fly the plane?

Anyway, I lost my file that allowed me to edit the flight model, so can I do it in the aircraft file? If yes, what area would I go to in there and what changes do I make.

If I can only do this in the flight model file, where and what would I do and I guess I will have to find my flight model file editor. Anyone have a suggestion on a good one that I can download?

Randy

MyCockpit Support Staff

The Kittyhawk 737 by Westwind has a great flight model.

http://www.fsdownload.com/Flight-Sim...loads-1136.htm

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Editing the .air file is a lot like editing a computers' registry. If you don't know what you're doing strange things can happen to the flight model.

Everything in the .air file is related to and reacts with another entry. I'm not sure how to put that into words. In many cases if you alter one parameter, unexpected results can happen in another. You are fooling with the flight dynamics of the aircraft in this file. You get to play aerodynamic engineer.

Decrease the pitch moment or increase the elevator area, or a hundred other things, could lead to disaster in the flight model.

I've fooled around with engine parameters on the freeware 727 models with success. The engines spooled much too slowly and I got them up to a realistic level. Then the fuel flow increased disproportionately. I don't know how programmers do it. I really don't.

I accepted the increased fuel flow for a more realistic spool-up and compensated with more fuel loading.

Lottsa luck to ya.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!