Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need help with Aircraft Files and PM aircraft files

Hi all, I'm currently using FSX default 737 with the PM software. I was wondering if anyone has a good aircraft.cfg file for th 737 which makes the movement and reactions better than the default one which I can place in the simobjects folder.

I have the Auto pilot disconnected from FSX so PM can do it's thing, which works great. Also about the Glass cockpit. I cant seem to find the right settings for the flaps to be displayed correctly. At the moment I'm only using one of the Saitek throttle quadrants for the flaps but really could do with showing it right in the display to know where I stand when I have them extended or retracted.

I have set in the ini file to read the CDU aircraft file which is for 737-800 but still it looks totally weird for the flaps settings. I remember when I had the PMDG 737NG for FS9 PM and that aircraft ran so well and all of the flap settings were displayed correctly.

Any tips or help on the issue would be great.

Thanks guys

25+ Posting Member

Smile Flaps

Padraig,

Which flaps display are you using? I have the analog flaps gauge (like the one in the default 737's panel) displayed in my panel and it works great with the default FSX 737.

I do have aproblem with ILS's though, as it keeps bringing me down to the left of the runway all the time.

I am considering rebuilding the main FS PC to see if it is because i have messed something up. It was working fine with the FSX AP, but as soon as i added my CPFlight MCP and then the PM MCP, i started having problems.

Regards
    Benja

3. Thanks Padraig thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Padraig,
    Are you using the aircraft files from PM - they should work just fine:
    www.projectmagenta.com/downloads/aircraft.html

SAS541,
    Did you erase the autpilot gauge from the panel.cfg? Otherwise, PM MCP and FS autopilot will be fighting each other and it will not work correctly. The Notam section at www.projectmagenta.com says:

FSX & PM FCU

General: At this time, to use the FCU software with FSX you will have to disable the AP gauge in the FSX panel.cfg of the aircraft type you are using for flight with the PM / MCP software. Generally if not using a panel at all in MSFS, then the only section you need in the panel.cfg is the section referring to [VIEWS] everything else can be deleted. Please *always* keep a back-up of your original files in case you have to revert back.

1/ If using the default FSX Airbus, you must disable the FBW command in the aircraft.cfg file: fly_by_wire = 0
    2/ Use either the above method re the panel.cfg or copy a FS2004 737 panel.cfg for the Airbus, this is to ensure that the AP functions work.

3/ Make sure you use FCU build 273 & above

4/ Make sure FSUIPC and WideFS are fully up-to-date with current versions.

All of the above are required for correct operation of the FCU in FSX. If using another add-on third party a/c model, make sure also that the above items are conformed to.

5. Thanks Padraig thanked for this post

Thanks guys for all your help in the matter. I have used aircraft files from the project magenta site. Etc. I have deleted all the things I dont need for FSX AP etc. I just find using FSX and PM software buggy as ****, or Im just doing something stupid.

I reinstalled FS9 this evening and got a standard 737 and used a different Aircraft file that a person here at MC had a link to, and man, there is some difference in the performance between FS and PM compared to flying FSX with PM , its so smooth reacting and the auto pilot works perfect, my ILS does not mess up, (like yourself it goes to the left or right, and also pitched up to the high heavens when the ils triangle reaches the center line now and then. The Auto throttle does not get a life of its own when you descend from CRZ etc.

I was just getting pure sick of it.

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Padraig,

This might be a stupid question, but were you using FSUIPC 4 with FSX and not FSUIPC 3?

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    Padraig,

This might be a stupid question, but were you using FSUIPC 4 with FSX and not FSUIPC 3?
    Yes I'm using FSUIPC 4, I got it free with the PM software about a yr ago, because at the time I was using FS9 and I asked PM to give me the FSUIPC 4 version instead because i already owned the 3+ version, but I've noticed now that there's a new update for march 08 in which I don't have installed.

FSUIPC is probably the best add-on I have ever used to this date to be honest.

25+ Posting Member

Question Fsx

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    SAS541,
    Did you erase the autpilot gauge from the panel.cfg? Otherwise, PM MCP and FS autopilot will be fighting each other and it will not work correctly. The Notam section at www.projectmagenta.com says:
    Yes, my panel config has only the views section, nothing else, so it should be working fine, but it's not.

I've read a lot on the internet that it is because MS used newer GPS data for the world and that shifted the airports to more accurate positions in FSX, but left the ILS coordinates etc from FS9, which is why they are out of whack, but i am not 100% sure of this.

Is there anyone out there using PM and FSX that is not having any problems with ILS landings?

I am going to fire up FS9, as it is still installed and see if i have problems there as well. If yes, then i will start the rebuild.

same here, Im going to update FSUIPC etc for FSX and reinstall the PM software and see if that fixes it. I havent modded much in the INI files for the OM software other than telling the PFD to read from the CDU.

Im trying it out on FS9 now and everything is working so well its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SAS541 View Post
    Yes, my panel config has only the views section, nothing else, so it should be working fine, but it's not.

I've read a lot on the internet that it is because MS used newer GPS data for the world and that shifted the airports to more accurate positions in FSX, but left the ILS coordinates etc from FS9, which is why they are out of whack, but i am not 100% sure of this.

Is there anyone out there using PM and FSX that is not having any problems with ILS landings?

I am going to fire up FS9, as it is still installed and see if i have problems there as well. If yes, then i will start the rebuild.

25+ Posting Member

Talking Fsuipc

Padraig,

I have the latest FSUIPC build and the ILS is still off for most airports i use. It's strange though as EGLL and ESSA are fine, but EKCH and ESGG are off to the left.

I will try FS9 tonight, as i am fed up of bad approaches.

Regards
    Benja

Same as, For me it was going to the left, and if it wasnt doing that it would just pitch up to the high heavens and stall. Im getting sick of it too. I think its back to FS9 and beef it up with a few cosmetic addons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast