Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Been busy since I got back from NY. Got the floor laid and built the center console for the touch screen and throttle quad. Got all the NAV/COM/XPNDR/ADF and MS ATC installed in it. Need to raise the seat a bit and then mount it and also the rudder pedals. Will have to finish the top and do the overhead panel monitor before I can install all three OH projectors. I also have to build the curved screens for the monitors. Progress pic for today.
    Regards,
    Brian

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Brian, your project is a great example of 'build and fly with what you've got' mentality. It works great, and I bet you are loving flying with more 'hands on' than 'mouse on'. I cant wait till you get around to painting your pit parts, because it will make your experience all the better. Keep up the good work and say, do you have a particular aircraft you are trying to get the feel of? BTW, Im envious of those flight controls you have there...
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Speaking of build and fly a couple of pics from last night. Chair mounted but needs to be higher (working on that right now) MCP sorta installed but works. Touch screen installed and set up and IT WORKS great for the FMC. Have the hole cut out for the gear lever and indicator lights. Totally canabalized the GoFlight LGT module. Will be installing the pitch trim in the center console tomorrow (maybe tonight).
    Flew from Winston-Salem NC KINT to Charlotte NC KCLT just to see how everything worked. Need to use KGSO instead RWY 33 at KINT is to short. Drove half way through town before I got off the ground.
    Regards,
    Brian

At Gate 33 KCLT

Touchscreen with FMC

GoFlight MCP with EFIS (not programed yet)

Finished tearing the GoFlight LGT module apart and got it installed in the sim, and it works. Couple of pics
    Regards,
    Brian

Pitch trim wheel installed

Gear lever installed

Gear Lever and indicator lights from the backside The loose switch is for the flaps not used (yet)

Gear Indicator lights working

Added some window splitters to the panel so that it looks like 5 separate screens . Reworked the center console so I could have 6 modules instead of 4. Added some trim around the middle screen and at the bottom to merge into the center console a little better. I need to find some sheet acrylic for the plate around the gear lever. The trim just doesn't look right. Slowly working on mapping the panel controls to the various GoFlight modules. The newest version of FSUIPC(registered) has so many more assignments than the one I had installed. I might be able to get everything mapped. Even the overhead panel stuff.
    Regards,
    Brian

After implementing the newest version of FSUIPC from Pete Dawson, I have finally been able to map the mouse clicks on the overhead panel and the various controls on the MIP of the FeelThere PIC ERJ-145. I no longer have to use the mouse from startup to shutdown. Everything by switch or knob. Now just have to get more knobs and switches to finish it out. Next step finish the side windows and the overhead. Then comes the paint and enclose the beast so it really feels like your in something. Made a flight from GSO to ELM to test out everything. MAN WHAT FUN!!
    Regards,
    Brian

This is what it looks like now

Excellent work Brian its really looking good.Keep up the great results.

Tim
    A340

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

That is looking good. That wood look is growing on me. I might have to do something in walnut one of these days.

A luxury Boeing cockpit. Just the ticket for the sim pilot. Add the leather glareshield covering, yoke, and seats and you have the Rolls Royce of simulators.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!