Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Anyone around Spokane?

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeff Stewart and I am an avid simmer who is thinking very strongly about starting a cockpit project.. Looking for someone in Eastern Washington State who may have some experience or a completed project..

This is a great site!!

Best Regards, Jeff

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

I'm 100 miles north of you in southern BC (Nelson, B.C).

I think everyone here is more than happy to help you every step of the way. Just do searches on previous post or start asking questions.

Smile

Hi Autocad,

Thanks for responding! I get up to Nelson every so often.. Beautiful town... Very nice area.

I am just getting started on a custom cockpit using mainly computer component parts. It will be all glass with no simulated gauges. I am looking for the best 737 throttle quadrant I can find. as well as yokes and an MCP..

The rest including the panel and console framework will be fabricated of wood. I intend to imbed two large flat monitors in the panel with two smaller monitors providing a place for the virtual FMC's, radios and other guages . I will use a projector for the outside view.

I also have seen some nice frames for the top portion of the nose clip that will add that "in cockpit" feeling. No overhead panel though as I only have so much money..

Thanks again for responding... This site has given me a lot of good ideas.. and man there are some fine cockpits represented by members here.. What I wouldn't give to try a flight in some of the beauties posted here!

Thanks again, Jeff

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hi Jeff,

As autocad stated. You don't need someone to help you when you have all of us. I mean really, we are here 24/7 and always can help you with everything. There is no such thing as a silly question in our Mycockpit Family.

We are like the Home Depot. You can do it and we can help.

Best regards,

Trev

"We are like the Home Depot. You can do it and we can help."

That is awsome Trevor LOL
    Mike G.

Except if your name is Tony Stewart, if it is then theres a good chance you will be hitting the wall before to long

Gary

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Actually Jeff, one of the best simulator I have ever been in was the KC-135 simulator at Fairchild Air Force Base (I was there doing my high altitude indoctrination training). I haven't been down to Spokane for years. Loved going to the "White Elephant" and eating at Swackhammers!

Heh heh...small world Autocad... The White Elephant is still going strong as ever... Love that place.. anything you could ever want in there and a thousand things you don't want!! LOL

Swack's is now, and most unfortunately, a chinese buffet... Food is good though... The Cadillac is still on the roof too.. The cowboy bar is now some kind of hip hop club... not quite the same I am afraid...

Thanks for all the supportive posts from everyone.. I just bid on a projector on Ebay.. we will see what happens... Have all of the other monitors already.. I am sure I will have questions on how to get all of the monitors working at the same time..

Thanks again for the nice welcome, Jeff