Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Boeing 777 Builder

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

It was certainly my experience that frame rates suffered as you open more windows. They suffer more when in Full Screen mode than windowed and more so when it's an outside view (probably due to greater video activity). However I found by using the Matrox TH2GO on 3 screens the frame rates only suffered as though you were using a single monitor (good news). I run an AGP card along with a PCI and both nvidia. My next experiment is to run two Matrox boxes from the one PC i.e. TH2GO along with a DH2GO for a panoramic 5 widescreen outside view!!!

I remember reading somewhere that your primary video card does all the work in a multi-card system with any additional cards simply giving more video outputs. So the beefier your main card the better and you can add any old card to provide additional outputs. Not sure of the validity of this, maybe others have more details.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    . . My next experiment is to run two Matrox boxes from the one PC i.e. TH2GO along with a DH2GO for a panoramic 5 widescreen outside view!!!

Ken.
    Thats would be very intresting Ken--please share your results with us

This ishue was even discussed on this forum and some link , not FS related, even was saved by me
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...141151&page=10

Boeing 777 Builder

I have heard that Matrox state it's not possible to run two boxes from one system, however I remember reading on the Avsim forums that someone had achieved it. I've been wondering for some time so I thought if I could pick up a cheap DH2GO I'd test it once and for all then share it with the sim world. Why a Dual instead of Triple? Cost. I hope to have results in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: Oops only followed your link after posting this response. Yes I've seen this setup before and it obviously proves two units can run off one card. Now to see what it does to frame rates. I'm building a new Quad core flightsim PC next week and it will run FS9 & FSX so I hope to have some tests completed. My eventual aim is to run it on 5 x 22" Widescreen LCD's but I don't think the budget will come to setting all this up in one go. I'll use my current CRT's mixed with LCD's until then.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    EDIT: Oops only followed your link after posting this response. Yes I've seen this setup before and it obviously proves two units can run off one card. Now to see what it does to frame rates. I'm building a new Quad core flightsim PC next week and it will run FS9 & FSX so I hope to have some tests completed. My eventual aim is to run it on 5 x 22" Widescreen LCD's but I don't think the budget will come to setting all this up in one go. I'll use my current CRT's mixed with LCD's until then.
    Ken,
    If your going for a nice quad core, why dont you try out stuffing the max possible pci cards into it and seeing if if you can manage it? I'm not sure FS9 would work well, but I hear FSX can run off multiple cores... and if thats the case you shouldnt see much framerate loss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234