Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Just read whole thread and as a PPL wannabe with 1.5 hours, 1 takeoff and 1 landing I know exactly how you feel wanting a home plane to practice on

Couple of other things come to mind, you say you only have 2 outputs on your graphics card, so this limits you to 2 screens. Have you considered a triple head to go? I have a 'spare' analogue one I was saving, but I know with a bubba on the way something got to give, ands it going to be me ever buying 3 monitors so feel free to PM me if you interested otherwise it will end up on the for sale forum and ebay at some point when I finally accept I wont get round to using it.

If you do look at them be aware the analogue ones and ATI cards dont get on as well as the NVidia based cards. Its all covered on their website if you know to look out for it. Basically ATI cards have a max width per screen, so it limits the THTG's abilities. Guess which graphics card I have

Still they work well, and are used by a lot of peeps here to give wide display views. Combined with 3 projectors (yes out of my league as well) they are simply amazing. However 3 screens gives a much better field of view than any single monitor. Oh, and as it uses only 1 output on your graphics card the other one can still be used to display instruments.

Or you can use it the other way around, giving 2 or 3 screens to instruments, and using your other port for outside... possibly better if you thinking IMC rating?

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

25+ Posting Member

Hi mate;

My only concern with the TH2G is the fact that I have 2 completely different sized monitors; a 26" for outside view and a 19" for the instrument panel. I assume that would make the overall picture somewhat distorted! Moreover, my resolutions are higher than the standard monitor setting, so I'm unsure of what result I'd get on a third monitor. That's the only reason I haven't bought one so far!

I have an 880GT so that shouldn't be a problem, it's just working out a configuration that'd work!

hmm, well the way a dual or triple head to go works is it takes one of your outputs, and fools the card into seeing 1 large monitor. This is then evenly split into 3 (or 2 in dual mode) outputs and sent to the connected monitors. So as you say you cant mix and match.

Does offer the chance to get around your 2 monitor limit , but with a nice 26inch outside view already it sounds like you pretty much covered Unless you wanted more 19inch instrument displays, which would of course work. To double up on a 26inch I am sure you would need the digital box with its larger resolution range.

I use a 19inch CRT for outside myself as the wife has threatened to kill me if I but myself a new TFT before her. My own THTG experiments with 3 x 19inc c CRT monitors didnt leave much room in the lounge, so back to just 1 for now.

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Jimmy,

Both Desktop Aviator and GoFlight are excellent products and they work together without a problem.

What I suggest is for you to take some time and just look thru the photo gallery here and see some of the sims that the members have built. Start in the General Aviation section and work your way thru. You will get tons of ideas and know just who to ask on how they did what.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

25+ Posting Member

Your 152 sounds pretty flash! The 152 I last soloed in down here in NZ had 1 VOR and (for some reason) a massive EGT gauge that looked like something out of Frankenstein over on the instructors side! Pic attached - sorry the radio stack is clipped off.

Seriously, two VORS and an ADF would be a good setup. Flip/flop comm is nice so you can dial in the next frequency before you need it, though by no means essential.

Cheers

James
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CH Yoke
    CH Pedals
    2 Saitek TQ`s
    Opencockpits multiradio
    GF LGT + T8
    BU0386x and custom autopilot control panel
    Basic pedestal and mip for generic GA sim in progress..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123