Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello.
    I have also been looking for some good words about a completed OC FMC kit.
    There is many switches that must work "every time", so I have been hesitating for quite a while.
    The link below goes to a page with
    "Tips & Tricks" building the
    Hispapanels FMC kit, which I think is equal to OC.
    http://www.cockpitware.com/tricks.html.
    Nils.

2. Thanks Rodney thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Oc fmc unmounted panel update

Dear Fellow builders,

Some updates from FMC issue;

In the OC site for the unmounted FMC module there are all the components listed as necessary. However when all of them are ordered there are some still missing pieces in which you can not build it without them at all.

Deadly piece is PCB where everything will be soldered. Then there are some panels for the complete installation.

They are now working on a so called updated kit or upgrade kit for the ones already bought this to complete the full unmounted kit. They are also working on the assembley manual which they claim to be released next week.

I am sitting at home and looking at the pieces till they come up with promised things. So for the ones who are interested go buy the mounted kit but make sure to ask what exactly to do to make it work after connecting the cables.

Meanwhile the parts they have sent is very professionally packed and quite a good job.

That is is for now,

barkay

4. Thanks brynjames thanked for this post
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

For any of the UK guys, The Winter special issue of PC Pilot has a good review
    on the OC FMC KIT !

Worth getting

Happy Building

75+ Posting Member

Hello Again,

Here is the last report on the subject;

OC FMC by functionality does work very good. Unfortunately there is no backlighting yet but I am figuring out something.

However;

When using with PMDG unfortunately the good old SIOC confuses key commands. Therefore the only option for the main page related buttons like INIT REF, CLB, CRZ etc. is to use a specific function to show these buttons as joystick buttons and send the key commands from FSUIPC. Even though this is easy there is a biiiiiggggg problem with PM?DG (? can be replaced with any letter on the alphabet but after trying too hard I prefer F)

PMDG FMC is working on two modes. First is the mouse mode. Eveything is programmed within the gauge and hidden so that you can press any button with mouse. But you can also use KBD mode by pressing near letter O so that you can make all entries via keyboard.

This is where things get complicated. Beacuse if you will use the keyboard of FMC you have to be in the KBD mode otherwise it does not accept letters and numbers and they go directly to simulator messing eveything.

Unfortunately Pete's macro option is no solution since it can not address this hidden gauge. So to enter a plan you have to switch between KBD mode and normal mode which is a disaster.

This can be programmed from SIOC if and only if that KBD actrivation has a specific keyy command and/or FSUIPC offset.

I tried with FSInterrogate with no success.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?

If I can solve this problem I will give the good news of the full FMC from OC working with PMDG very soon.

That's all for now

Best regards,

barkay

10+ Posting Member

bought the 747 FMC back in Sept, took a week to assemble, be very careful to make sure the microswitches line up with the cutouts. I didnt finish my FMC, its all built but I havnt got round to sodering all the switches to the USB kepsender, personaly I wouldnt recommend the kit, buy the finished product

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by barkay View Post
    This can be programmed from SIOC if and only if that KBD actrivation has a specific keyy command and/or FSUIPC offset.

I tried with FSInterrogate with no success.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?
    Even if you would have that KB mode command, you will find that you will make many mistakes. Trying to remember the mode of the KB and switching from one to the other is very confusing.
    In the old PIC767 days I had a full FMC that worked with keys, including a key for KB mode switching (the Level-D 767 has such a key command).

But when the SDK was released for the Level-D 767 I was very glad to be able to work mode-less using direct communication with the sim (without having to send keys).

regards,
    Nico

I am also thinking to buy the FMC from OC...

It will be integrated in my 767LD with the library from Nico Kaan.

Before, I need to know how the FMC screen works. I know it gets the signal from the TV socket. If I have understood well, what appears in the FMC screen is the panel of the 767LD moved and resized to fit the FMC screen. Is it right?
    If it is the case, then it means that the FMC must be connected to the TV out ot the same desktop where the simulator is running. And therefore only one monitor can be used at the same time becaue it is not possible to have 2 monitor plus the TV out working at the same time.

I could as well connect the FMC to the TV out of my secondary computer. Is there a way to show in the secondary computer such a panel?

Quote Originally Posted by weyes View Post
    ... what appears in the FMC screen is the panel of the 767LD moved and resized to fit the FMC screen. Is it right?
    Yes.

If it is the case, then it means that the FMC must be connected to the TV out ot the same desktop where the simulator is running. And therefore only one monitor can be used at the same time becaue it is not possible to have 2 monitor plus the TV out working at the same time.
    Yes, the FMC TV has to be connected to a TV out at your FS pc, but you can have two video cards in your pc, and connect 2 or 3 monitors and the TV to your FS pc.

I could as well connect the FMC to the TV out of my secondary computer. Is there a way to show in the secondary computer such a panel?
    No, that cannot be done.

Nico Kaan

11. Thanks weyes thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Yes, the FMC TV has to be connected to a TV out at your FS pc, but you can have two video cards in your pc, and connect 2 or 3 monitors and the TV to your FS pc.
    So the TV is not seen as a third monitor by the graphic card. What is it? Is it a replica of one of the two DVI? Or when the TV is on then one of the two monitors is shutted down?

I can´t connect a second graphic card to my mother board

Thank you Nico

Or when the TV is on then one of the two monitors is shutted down?
    Yes I think so, on most graphics cards it is either TV Out or a DVI/VGA output ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast