Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

That's a great device Steve. Thnks for posting that. I have plenty of USB ports.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Thanks for the comments. The barn is by Quality Buildings Unlimited and cost about $8988.00 for just the barn. It took 2 guys 2 days to build. They started on a Monday and were finished roofing by Tuesday evening. It's taken me a bit longer to insulate the second floor and run power to the building. I've spent between 500-1000 on insulation, walboard, wire, fittings and other small stuff. I currently am in NY packing things to bring back to NC for my Mom to move in with us. I've been up here since Nov. dealing with my Step Father's brain tumor that he died from late in Jan. He was 92 so it wasn't like he was cut down in the prime of life. He lived good and didn't suffer long from the tumor. It was discovered in late Oct. So now that all the affairs have been handled and bills paid, it's time to get back to my life and the Sim project. I'm starting to have withdrawl symptoms.
    I wondered about the K2M working if the popup of the panel is not displayed. I guess if it's not displayed then none of the klick points or assignments work. I'll experiment with it.
    The USB video might be an option. I believe I saw it on the Matrox site when I got the 3head box. As I get more into mounting the module switches I'll have to play with assignments to make them work the way I want them.
    I have panel switch diagrams for the ERJ-145 and CRJ-200 enroute from Sporty's. Had to talk to a Customer Svc Rep to get them as they are not listed in their catalog.
    My main panel display is a 26" hd widescreen ILO tv that works very well to display an almost life size display of the pilots side.I also have a 19" LCD widescreen monitor, an 18" LCD and a 17" LCD. I'm thinking the 18" for the MCP and the 19" for the overhead. That leaves the 17" for the FMC or GPS. At least I can fly different types without major mods. If I have to use the mouse then so be it. At least the keyboard will be hidden away. Putting together a wider box for the center console to replace the GoFlight one to fit the 17" monitor shouldn't be hard. I have 2 car seats from a 89 Mecury Topaz to use for the cockpit seats. Getting the height and distance to mount them will be fun.
    I plan to have 3 , 4 outlet floor mounted recepticals for powering the sim along with some surge protected strips. So far I'm only using 1 computer but I do have 4 more available if I want to network. 2 are P4's at 3Ghz and 2 gbs ram. The other 2 are PIII's at 1Ghz. and 768Mb ram. I'm going to stick to FS9 and XP until I design and build a computer that will handle FSX and the bugs of Vista are fixed.
    So until I start building again, next week I hope, talk at you all later,
    Regards,
    Brian

The barn is great! Welcome to the forums

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level Matthijs Borgdorff's Avatar

A whole barn huh? That's a great idea actually. I was thinking of getting a bigger house but you're right, why not just get an extra house!

Good luck with the moving and everything else. Can't wait to see what that barn is gonna look like from the inside!
    Put your simulation pits on display on www.thewayiplay.com

Link to my rig

Well the sim has been disassmebled and further building of the upstairs has commenced. All of the insulation is up except for a small area over the stairway. Walls are starting to go up. Have the first 4 feet covered. The rest will be done with a very light weight plywood that is easy to cut and handle. As the building gets put into shape I am also getting more stuff to add to the pit. Monday will have the FMC from FDS placed on order. (Peter from FDS doesn't know it yet (well he does now)) and a boeing style yoke from as yet to be determined source. Input welcome here.
    Here is what the bedroom/office looks like now as well as the WIP on the barn.
    Regards,
    Brian
    note last post in this thread

I would recomend Joe Cygan for the Yokes http://www.innovativefsp.com/yokes.html
    Mike G.

Those are great but right now to much DIY involved. I'll probably go with the Jet Liner yoke from PFC. It is a complete yoke with 12 functions on a base USB and ready to go. I'm hopeing that the FMC is avaiable with out too much wait time. The FDS website says 10 week lead time but that is from release. Will talk to Peter about it tomorrow when I order. I wish Joe would do an ERJ type yoke that I could use to replace the CH yoke . Oh well sometime in the future perhaps. If he would do an ERJ panel kit I'd be standing on his door step cash in hand. That CRJ kit is mighty tempting but for some reason I love the ERJ's.
    Regards,
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12