Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pm Cdu 394

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Pm Cdu 394

Hi at all, someone tried this new version of CDU ? They fixed all our problems ? I can't try to myself because i stay in holiday and then not near at my B737.

Regards,

Giuseppe Reda

Its hard to know what's been worked on because the changes.txt file says very little. If we knew the issues that had been worked on then we'd know what to test and could provide more accurate and helpful feedback to PM.

There is also a MCP423a in intermediate builds, but changes.txt is for MCP424 which appears not to be released yet. I assume (from PMs posts here) that the VNAV and speed issues were being worked on, but it's unclear whether these new builds cover this or not.

Can we have some more information PM ? thanks
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Good news - the new MCP build seems to behave a lot better - did a flight from EGKK to LSZH last night (747-4)and the MCP behaved well - no hissey fits at all. Can't say the new CDU build has made any difference... hope we see a GC update soon also.

10+ Posting Member

Hello, for the CDU: unfortunately while in flight if you change via dep/arr the destination runway, then the aircraft will quit its flight route (LNAV and VNAV engaged) until you press execute !
    MCP: having the MCP and EFIS from CP flight, using the new build, baro altimeter was difficult to adjust (change only by increments of 3: 29.71,29.74 etc
    test flight: cyul cyyz
    route: kanur tukir
    cyul: rnway 06r sid kanur1
    cyyz: ILS rnway 05 star simcoe transition yso
    while in flight (with Vatsim) instructed to change to runway 33R
    then i did change the star to wasie with transition YSO
    Jean-louis

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jrphcien View Post
    Hello, for the CDU: unfortunately while in flight if you change via dep/arr the destination runway, then the aircraft will quit its flight route (LNAV and VNAV engaged) until you press execute !
    This sounds like the same bug which has been in the CDU for many versions -- if you change pretty much anything -- cruise altitude, waypoint, etc, whilst the A/P is following an LNAV path, it starts diverging from the correct path quite badly until you press EXEC to finalise the change. The it struggles back on course. It seems not merely to forget to control the flight, but actually positively to turn to a new course. Weird.

This has been reported and confirmed many times before. I've not noticed whether it affects VNAV so badly, though. Shame -- it sounds like it hasn't received attention yet.

Regards

Pete

25+ Posting Member

Hi,

same here. When insert an STAR or an Waypoint and LNAV VNAV is active sometimes the A/P loss the route and fly a turn to the right.

But this happens not at all STAR´s or Waypoints inserted. The A/P goes back to course when the Route discontinue on the legs page is deleted.

At example in EDDM NAPSA3M arrival this happend.

Greets

Roland

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Hello, for the CDU: unfortunately while in flight if you change via dep/arr the destination runway, then the aircraft will quit its flight route (LNAV and VNAV engaged) until you press execute!

This is a very frustrating bug and as Pete says has been present for many months. Either Enrico can't reproduce it or he has more important changes.

As Jonathan visits here on a semi-regular basis it would be apprciated if this problem could be bumped up the priority list. Even a reply saying whether it's reproducable would be appreciated.

Frustrating indeed. I can't imagine why this embaressing bug would not be high on the list, and not reproducible.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

150+ Forum Groupie

Pm Cdu 394

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    Frustrating indeed. I can't imagine why this embaressing bug would not be high on the list, and not reproducible.
    Hi

Actually this was fixed prior to release, if it is coming back as a problem now it is because several other major changes were made to accomidate other things - somehow that old one has crept back in it seems. It will be looked at of course.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

25+ Posting Member

Hi,

thanks for your reply Jonathan.

It´s time to say that the software isn´t so bad, for me, it has been written here in the forum.

I use the software about 6 Month´s and I am happy. Surely there are some Bug´s, but show me another software which is bug free. I didn´t know software who is perfect.

So I will wait for the next build and hope the bug is erased. For me PM was a new big step to bring my homecockpit to another level of realism.

Greets

Roland

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast