Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Talking SOLVED Flight Illusion's OVH kit NOT compatible with Engravity

Just for your information, the Flight Illusion's overhead kit IS NOT 100% compatible with Fly Engravity's Performance Line Overhead Panel !!

I have to say that their products are excellent as a mechanical construction and quality, .......
    ......... but exept the APU EGT and Cabin Climb gauges , ALL the other gauges does not match with the screw holes in the aluminium backplate, so there is no easy way to mount them.

I have to discover the wheel again and find other ways to place them in OVH, like wood, double side tape etc.

FYI the original post is here in Flight Illusion's forum:
    http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopi...a4d2c2e6fad2e7

It's not easy to compromise for something less than a plug and play product, when you are paying 1150euros for it and when in the company's site and pdf brochures they are writing that "Fits with Engravity panels".

Does anyone of you had also this problem and found another smart solution?

Regards

Eddie
    Last edited by oal331; 04-12-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Super Moderator

Hello,
    If worse comes to worse I would be able to laser you out a plate that would work for you out of plastic or possibly aluminum. As a vendor courtesy I would be happy to make a plastic panel for you for free to help you out and all you would have to do is pop rivet it in place or screw it in. All I would need is for you to send me a paper template. If you wanted aluminum it would be a small fee.

Please let me know if I could help?
    Last edited by Joe Cygan; 02-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Joe, you impress me to the max

JOE.......ROCKS

nuff said
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cygan View Post
    Hello,
    If worse comes to worse I would be able to laser you out a plate that would work for you out of plastic or possibly aluminum. As a vendor courtesy I would be happy to make a plastic panel for you for free to help you out and all you would have to do is pop rivet it in place or screw it in. All I would need is for you to send me a paper template. If you wanted aluminum it would be a small fee.

Please let me know if I could help?

Joe,

your offer is valuable and i have to say i VERY BIG THANK YOU !!
    I was expecting this solution to comes from F.I. (as i wrote in my original post) to improve their products.

As we are talking for 4 different gauges with different screw holes, it is not so easy to design how the new plexies will be. Let me think about it, if i can make a cad.... and i will contact you again.

My best regards

Eddie

Hi Joe,
    I'm in the same boat, I have a full set of Flight Illusion's gauges too. But unfortunately, I have to make extensive modifications to my excellent Flyengravity OH back plates to make the Flight illusion gauges work!!!!
    Can you please make me a set of plates too.
    Thank you buddy.
    Cheers
    Phil
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Philb737 View Post
    Hi Joe,
    I'm in the same boat, I have a full set of Flight Illusion's gauges too. But unfortunately, I have to make extensive modifications to my excellent Flyengravity OH back plates to make the Flight illusion gauges work!!!!
    Can you please make me a set of plates too.
    Thank you buddy.
    Cheers
    Phil
    No problem Phil, since you are in the states and we talk all the time lets work together on a solution for this. Since they are the same parts they will fit Eddie's overhead and of course anyone else's.

I cant get to this right away but I will find time for it when I can.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cygan View Post
    Hello,
    Thats a quality offer Joe !

what would be needed would be a new plexi bezel for the gauges that fits the right screwholes. Unfortunately the Flight Illusion instruments consist of different layers that would need to be made again.

However, i made Eddie a good suggestion on our forum. He can drill and tap a thread in the plexi of the flight illusion instruments at the correct position.

2 of the instruments fit as they are, the remaining would have to be redrilled and tapped and one instrument gives a problem and would need a different bezel/lens (because the screw holes are partially outside the instruments dimension)

I can discuss with robert if he cant offer this aswell, although i agree with eddie that this responsibility should be with Flight Illusion, since they are the ones claiming full compatibility with our overhead. (they even received the drawing and set of backpanels from us).

FI has a different definition of compatibility: appearently they mean that they fit behind the gauge openings size wise.
    Flight Illusion themselves advises to use double sided tape or glue to fix them. Although a bit irreversible, it would work since gravity isnt really an issue here and any kind of adhesive would fix the gauges sufficiently.

We ourselves adapt most of the instruments for the overheads we build.
    www.boeing737ng.com

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dnoize View Post
    Thats a quality offer Joe !

what would be needed would be a new plexi bezel for the gauges that fits the right screwholes. Unfortunately the Flight Illusion instruments consist of different layers that would need to be made again.

However, i made Eddie a good suggestion on our forum. He can drill and tap a thread in the plexi of the flight illusion instruments at the correct position.

2 of the instruments fit as they are, the remaining would have to be redrilled and tapped and one instrument gives a problem and would need a different bezel/lens (because the screw holes are partially outside the instruments dimension)

I can discuss with robert if he cant offer this aswell, although i agree with eddie that this responsibility should be with Flight Illusion, since they are the ones claiming full compatibility with our overhead. (they even received the drawing and set of backpanels from us).

FI has a different definition of compatibility: appearently they mean that they fit behind the gauge openings size wise.
    Flight Illusion themselves advises to use double sided tape or glue to fix them. Although a bit irreversible, it would work since gravity isnt really an issue here and any kind of adhesive would fix the gauges sufficiently.

We ourselves adapt most of the instruments for the overheads we build.
    Fantastic Stef!

Just let me know what I can do on my end to help solve this issue.

Thanks guys,
    Looking forward to a solution, please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast