150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Which Input/Output Card

Just watching on the forums here and I see lots of problems with the Open Cockpits cards including a fire hazard as well as being a Spanish site which must be diffuicult to understand. Plus Hagstrom don't do outputs. So is my best route to go Flightdeck Technologies which seems to be understandable and relatively straightforward, although very expensive. I would want an input and output (LED) board.
    Bill

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Depends on your needs and how complex your pit. Can't beat SIOC for ease of use and setting up sustems. Just avoid the USB axis card! If you are not going to simulate systems, there are allot of options out there.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holclo View Post
    Just watching on the forums here and I see lots of problems with the Open Cockpits cards including a fire hazard as well as being a Spanish site which must be diffuicult to understand. Plus Hagstrom don't do outputs. So is my best route to go Flightdeck Technologies which seems to be understandable and relatively straightforward, although very expensive. I would want an input and output (LED) board.
    Bill
    Well there are other option for the outputs.. Like Phidgets which are VERY good in output and very easy to use. It depends if you are already using other options for input you may want to look at them.
    Bob Reed

Another choice for USB input
    http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/joystick/

Cheers
    Mike

MyCockpit Support Staff

I'm very pleased with FDT Sim-boards, now 18 months of trouble free operation. They are very easy to set up being just click and assign the function, they are in the UK too.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Gwyn,
    I think I will go with the FDT boards they look really neat and tidy.I particularly like the idea of no soldering and no programming.At the moment I am just completing building my FlyEngravity panels from which I will be running PMDG 700. So I may be asking you a few questions if you don't mind . I hope that today the postman will bring me 3 backorders of Computer Pilot magazine . I have ordered the issues containing your articles.
    Bill

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Holclo View Post
    Hi Gwyn,
    I think I will go with the FDT boards they look really neat and tidy.I particularly like the idea of no soldering and no programming.At the moment I am just completing building my FlyEngravity panels from which I will be running PMDG 700. So I may be asking you a few questions if you don't mind . I hope that today the postman will bring me 3 backorders of Computer Pilot magazine . I have ordered the issues containing your articles.
    Bill
    G'day Bill, you should have asked me about the articles! I could have emailed the original word documents that have the pictures aswel. My PMDG set up is described here - http://aerosimsolutions.googlepages.com/pcconfiguration
    I don't have much action with the overhead as yet but it doesn't bother me much, I'd rather be flying than doing cold start ups! I'm sure a solution for the overhead will appear sooner or later.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    G'day Bill, you should have asked me about the articles! I could have emailed the original word documents that have the pictures aswel. My PMDG set up is described here - http://aerosimsolutions.googlepages.com/pcconfiguration
    I don't have much action with the overhead as yet but it doesn't bother me much, I'd rather be flying than doing cold start ups! I'm sure a solution for the overhead will appear sooner or later.

Gwyn
    I sent you a PM about them a few weeks ago but when I got no reply I just assumed that you were not permitted to publish them yourself. You must not have got the PM. Ah well. The mags are coming via airmail and didn't arrive this morning although they were posted on 14Feb.Like you, I am not caring about cold and dark starts but like to have "flying functions" on switches and buttons. I have the CPFlight EFIS and MCP so that is a good start.PMDG seems very limited in key controls. Can the registered version of FSUIPC set some functions e.g. smoking and seat belt signs, autobrakes, speedbrake?

Bill

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Bill,

I didn't get any PMs from you, just send me an email - gwyn@aapt.net.au and I'll reply sending you my articles. I am not allowed to publish them here as they become property of CP mag when I sell them but I can share them privately.

I have my speedbrake working correctly with keystrokes and the Autobrake works perfectly when turned the switch clockwise. Keystrokes advance the position of autobrake when it is turned clockwise. However, if I want to choose a lower setting, I have to turn it back to the RTO position then clockwise again to the new setting, it works really well and operating it has become automatic. (You can easily change the toe brake effectiveness from the default 71% to 100%, that helps a lot when using manual brakes). You will be able to get landing lights working and anything else that PMDG permits with keystrokes, I haven't done the O/H yet. The CP Flight MCP and Captain's EFIS work great although the F.O.s EFIS becomes an ornament. (It still looks great!)

It's a shame that PMDG haven't got their act together with additional keystroke assignments, they would tap into a whole new market. I have had many emails ignored by PMDG.

The best thing is the sim is ready to fly in three minutes and performs perfectly 99% of the time. If I was going to pay over a thousand bucks for software it would have to work properly everytime and be bug free. Sim-boards and CP Flight glitch occasionally but a restart of the software always fixes it quickly.

Gwyn

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks Gywn. Now to find out exactly which functions PMDG allows with keystrokes. have just posted on their forum at Avsim to see if anyone has a list.
    Bill