Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PM and the poles

On a flight from PANC to EHAM following a realworld route here, I was disturbed to see just how bad PM is around the poles. Changing from MAG to TRU heading did nothing and LNAV didn't know where to go at all. I had to manually turn the heading knob to keep the aircraft on course in accordance with the navigational display.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really starting to get bout all the quirks with the PM software as I keep finding problems with no updates from the PM team. How is it that software like FSNav can keep my aircraft on course but PM can't??

This is my vataware log for this flight in question: http://vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=923124

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Thunder,

I would like to remind you that Project Magenta does not read these forums on a regular basis. Please forward your complaints/error reports to enrico his email address is support @ projectmagenta.com

Best regards,

Trev
    Mycockpit Admin

Hi Thunder,

FS2004 has no Poles. The world isn't round at all. It's simply not modelled. So there isn't much PM can do here, I think. I remember even PMDG B744 gave problems here.
    You get in to trouble above 86°. When I operate routes to Anchorage for exemple, I use slightly lower routes, which are also used in RL.
    In FSX it all changed and full polar routes are possible now. I didn't make the test in the cockpit (as everything there is still running under FS9 and XP), but I suppose it should be ok now when you use PM in FSX too.

At the other hand I totally agree with you, it is indeed a pitty, there is sometimes no respons or reaction at all to mails reporting bugs to support. This can be very frustrating as a customer.

B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com