View Poll Results: Would you like a "Opencockpits" Sub-Forum in I/O Interfacing Hardware and Software

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

48 92.31%
  • NO

3 5.77%
  • What's "Opencockpits"

1 1.92%
  • Who's MattO

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Red face

I just got the slip from the post office today, saying that I would have to come pick my box up and pay 43 CHF (roughly $40) which kinda hurt but was pretty much compensated by the excitement of getting my new cards.

Then when I went over I was told that the slip told me to come in tomorrow, which I didn't notice because I was so excited.

Anyway, early tomorrow morning... I hope to have them, although I'm sure that's going to kill my productivity for the day!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by efecemelci View Post
    I just got the slip from the post office today, saying that I would have to come pick my box up and pay 43 CHF (roughly $40)
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. OC never put a declared value for the Master Card and Display II card kits (~$110) ... so customs decided the small package of resistors, diodes, ICs, and 2 PCBs was worth $500. Yikes!

I had to pay $86 in taxes and duties before the post office would release it. (Hopefully I can appeal it successfully and get some of the $ back.)

Sent an email to OC to express my displeasure with their shipping (considering they charged 16EUR for "Courier" service) but no response.

Thanks to Mods for opening up subforum though.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. OC never put a declared value for the Master Card and Display II card kits (~$110) ... so customs decided the small package of resistors, diodes, ICs, and 2 PCBs was worth $500. Yikes!

I had to pay $86 in taxes and duties before the post office would release it. (Hopefully I can appeal it successfully and get some of the $ back.)

Sent an email to OC to express my displeasure with their shipping (considering they charged 16EUR for "Courier" service) but no response.

Thanks to Mods for opening up subforum though.
    Ouch!

Well for me it was a surprise as well, more so because of what Swiss Customs did. As you may already know, OC ships with a list of whats inside the box but no prices and declares a lower value on the customs form. Apparently, Swiss Customs wasn't convinced and they took the list of components and opened up OC on their browsers. They then proceeded to add all the items to their cart and came up with the actual price of the shipment, then charged me customs and taxes for it.

Usually they estimate the cost, but I was amazed at the approach from the Swiss... once again

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by efecemelci View Post
    OC ships with a list of whats inside the box but no prices and declares a lower value on the customs form. Apparently, Swiss Customs wasn't convinced and they took the list of components and opened up OC on their browsers. They then proceeded to add all the items to their cart and came up with the actual price of the shipment, then charged me customs and taxes for it.
    At least Swiss customs found the real price instead of guessing at 5x the value. So for any prospective OC buyers, make sure OC includes a customs form with at least a declared value.

I guess US Customs is to busy searching for drugs and bombs.

I have never had any problem. Well, for some reason OC insists on using my email for my street. Both times I ordered DHL had to call me to get my address.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12