Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Simulation Software

I am to assume that flight schools do not use Flight Simulator 2004 or FSX for their training simulators correct? If so, why don't they use them? Is it because of compatabilty? I think using FS9 or FSX would be great especially with all of the addons that you can get to make the enviornment realistic. Case in point. I don't know if any of you have watched the ITVV DVD on Cathay Pacific 747 from Heathrow to Kai Tak. Well in the middle of the video the captain was in the Cathay simulator describing the different panels and switches and I noticed the Kai Tak back drop which basically has a landscape and building but no detail to them.

Now I know they shouldn't care about detail and stuff but if they used FS9 and installed the 9Dragons Kai Tak scenery, you get a close representation of the real airport.

Ya see what I'm sayin?

Before i had told my flight instructor aobut my addiction to simpit building he recomended that i purchase FS9 and learn the basic from that. Then of course i told hjim my secret shhhhhh... LOL

Hel told me that most people who have played the flight sim games were better prepared for instructions

There is an article on this forum about that very subject try doing a search I cant remember who wrote it
    Mike G.

300+ Forum Addict

Would that be Nic D'Alessandro's paper: "Transference of PC-based simulation to aviation training: issues in learning"? Available on the Insite Solutions website here: http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/Do...rning_v1-1.pdf