Thread: Reinstall FSX

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Reinstall FSX

Hi all,

I've been thinking about doing a complete re-install of FSX as I have added and deleted lots of scenery and somewhere along the way, my FSX ground scenery isn't looking as detailed as it should. When some company is showing default FSX scenery against their add-on, mine isn't looking even as good as the default, yet my scenery settings are fairly high.

So I want to completely reinstall FSX and all my add ons. For a while I was thinking this would involve wiping my existing install, but I'm now wondering whether I can do this while retaining my original FSX install which is working, and then only delete the original once I'm absolutely sure I want to.

I'm guessing that somewhere along the line (probably the 99% point on the install knowing MS), it will tell me I already have it installed and offer to fix the installation.

Is there any way of forcing a secondary install of FSX on the same computer without deleting the original install? Alternatively, is there any way of deleting add-on scenery, restoring original scenery and then re-installing add-ons?

Looking forward to your response

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

You can install it 50 times on one machine if you like but only the last one will work because of the entries written to the registry.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    You can install it 50 times on one machine if you like but only the last one will work because of the entries written to the registry.
    Ah ok, well that's still more useful than deleting it as it will remind me what i had on the original installation.

Thank you

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

10+ Posting Member

re install fsx

Hi Paul g, I have re installed fsx just yesterday for the same reasons as you.
    If you put disc 1 in the drive and un install from the option there, there is no problem you will have to install service packs 1& 2. Don't use the repair option that really screws things up.
    Regards Phil.