Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Autothrottle working... Well kind of

I finally got the autothrottle to work. I would like to thank everyone that helped me in this forum along with those who have left threads in the past. The information here is very helpful.

I am using FS9 with PMDG 737NG, A Beta Innovations Plasma-MM2 USB Module for my quadrant (throttles, speed brake, flaps, to/go ect.) and the Phidget 4 servo Controller with (2) 815BB servos for the autothrottle and the latest version of FS2Phidget.

I can get the autothrottle to control the handles they move ok but sometimes jerk back and forth this i belive is from the signal that FS9 is putting out. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with the calibration in order to get smooth operation along and no erratic operation of the throttle handles. Below are some of the problems I am having:

1. when the servos are powered and you are sitting on the runway and start to move the throttle handles manually they fight to move foward jerking back and forth till N1 is stable.

2. When in flight autothrottle is armed when a climb or decent is made the handles can thrash back and forth.

Thanks
    Mark

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

It sounds to me like you are getting two signal sources affecting the throttles. I had this with the GoFlight Module I use with PMDG, but can't remember what I did to fix it. Try emailing Westozy - he has a similar set up to you.

Rob

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Mterm, good see your Autothrottle working. I am new here, and I am trying to find out how make a 737NG autothrottle, But I dont have manual and tutorials, I would like to know how to start. Can you help me?

Hi,
    For my autothrottles, I am using Phidgets Servo control AND the 0/0/4 relay board.
    When my autothrottles are active, I use the relay board to enable power to the servos, otherwise they are unpowered, and I can move them to my hearts content.

When activated, the servos have control, and FS2phidgets automatically ignores handle movement.

Easy.

thanks to Alan for that functionality. Also works great with my Spoiler arm.

Meraki,
    I used an autothrottle guide by Roy Howard it is posted in the download library under "FS2Phidget". Its a great guide and should give you the information you are looking for.

Good Luck

Even the video of PM's auto-throttle is jerky, it has to be the game. I personally have not seen a personally built auto throttle that was "perfectly" smooth. It seems either one of the throttles will take turn "leading" for 1/4" to 1/2" until the other catches up. I'm sure someone out there is working on it