MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FS Flight Planner

Hi all,

Today I had a visit from fellow Computer Pilot magazine writer Bill Smith who gave me an excellent tip that I thought I should share. Some of you will know this one already but after 11 years of FS, this one came as quite a surprise to me!
    When you have created a flight plan in FS, zoom in on the map where you see the red line indicating your flight path. You can grab the red line with your mouse and drag it to intersections or new waypoints, when you release the mouse, you can select the waypoint from a list that appears and click it directly onto the flightplan. It allows the easy creation of SIDs and Stars etc or alterations to the standard flightplan created by the FS program. I have never seen this documented before and it's quite easy to do it....go and have a play!!!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

You can also save more than one flight plan for the departure and arrival airports by adding the name of the procedure in the file name when it asks if you want to save this flight plan.

Nice not having to plan the same flights over and over for places you fly to regularly.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!