Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Anyone had these issues with PM GAIFR?

I recently purchased the GAIFR panels from PM. When I first ran it I was using two monitors off my NVidia 6800 card and noticed that I could not adjust the wings on the attitude indicator. They would jump a couple of notches worth for every one rotation of my Goflight panel rotary assigned to them. The heading bug wouldnt work either. To make matters worse, I was seeing higher RPM indications by 150-200 rpm in PM over what is reported on the FSX panel if I view them side by side and also noticed that the ball in the turn coordinator never moves! Argh

So I had a thought. Maybe running the two monitors was too much for the card so I removed one monitor and low and behold, the heading bug now works as well as the attitude indicator. However I am still seeing the RPM differences as well as no movement of the ball.

I am running FSX SP2 using the MS C172 SP that comes with it. Latest versions of FSUIPC for FSX and WideFS (both registered).

Anyone else seen this or know of how I might correct these issues? I sent a couple emails to the PM folks for support but they have not responded (sent emails a week ago). I guess they dont care to much about their customers after the sale

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

I'm afraid I can't help you much with your problem, but I've always received prompt replies from PM support via email. Try sending you email again to PM support!
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

Wanted to report back. Pm folks got back to me and after exchanging a few emails most of my issues are resolved.

Turn Coordinator problem with ball not moving was found to be caused by "Auto Rudder" setting being turned on. I had turned this off when I first setup my cockpit becuase I use realisting settings and CH Pedals. At some point playing with rudder sensitivities I must have reset to defaults or something. The thought never crossed my mind to check this setting but Thomas pointed it out. Sure enough that was it. He not only solved the turn coordinator problem for me but this also resolved all of the rudder issues I was having. Believe it or not, with Auto Rudder you real rudders still respond but you are fighting recentering all the time and I was trying to figure out what was goin on. Now that is resolved.

As for the RPM mismatch problem I am having with the Cessna panel they have confirmed this to be bug and will fix it. The Piper panel and the black gauges panel both reflect the proper RPM so I will use one of those panels for now.

So...after a rough start...everything is resolved or at least understood now and I am really happy with their support and I feel good about my purchase again.

Thank you PM.

Scott