Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Yes, the software is $4K USD per seat normally. It is only software (with a dongle for each computer). It pre-warps the image and optionally blends it if you have multiple projectors. It is incredibly interactive and elegant. I've found no issues with either FS9 or FSX in my testing. There are, however, mouse misalignments for switches and knobs. In other words, if you want to click on the Flight Director "switch", when the image is pre-warped, the hot spot hasn't moved, but the graphic representation of the FD switch may have, so you "click" on the FD switch, but the hotspot is still where it was pre-warping. ImmersaView are looking into it...

Steve

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Wow Steve, you spent 4 grand on it? How about some pix?
    Did you opt for the $600 update package?
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Hi all,

Thanks for the invite Andy and the original post Steve! I've now signed up and can hopefully help with some of the questions.

Regarding the 'killer' pricing question, the price indicated in Andy's thread is List pricing based upon our major target market and customers in the defense and professional flight simulation arena. When comparing Sol7 against other solutions in this area, we are very price and feature competitive

We recognize that there is also an enthusiastic home user market and this is an area we would also like to be involved with and support. So, for those interested in Sol7 and curved screen displays, please email me directly off list so we can discuss individual projects in further detail.

We also offer a fully featured download for evaluation purposes, so if anyone is interested in this, then again, please let me know.

Andy
    andy-AT-immersaview.com

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Andy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to come and join us here at My Cockpit to introduce yourself and to let us know that you are willing to work with the private user regarding the software.

Very top notch of you to do that. Im sure you will be getting LOTS of inquireys on this, as it's a feature we need and are willing to pay for if it's affordable. If not, then we understand, and will continue to use our other self-created innovation!

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Andy, thanks for joining in and answering some of the preliminary questions. We look forward toward your interaction and hopefully to accommodate some of our builders projection needs

Anyway, VERY glad to see you here

300+ Forum Addict

I have read this thread now, and I am very pleased.

I think we sim-builders have a bright future when it comes to visuals. Software like this is exactly what we need.

I think it is important to write down here in this thread what kind of feautures we need. Maybe to eliminate features in software we dont need but the professionals use.

Maybe the software can be simplified to home-entertainment use, and get a price we can live with. And still have the features we need.

Andy B. Thank you very much for your time to look into our fabulous hobby

I think there are two kinds of main setup that needs to be covered. Visual through a tripplehead2go and setup with three main computers running visual with Widewiew.

25+ Posting Member

Nvidia has free keystone software; in a very simple way.
    I tried it and it costed about 25% framerates.

What do you think about this software ? .......

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GSalden View Post
    Nvidia has free keystone software; in a very simple way.
    I tried it and it costed about 25% framerates.

What do you think about this software ? .......
    "What do you thing about this software?" I hope you're not referring to Sol7, of what I've seen of Sol7 it doesn't even compare to simple keystone adjustments.

When you get into curved screens and matching multiple projections side by side, that becomes quite complex.

My NEC LT240 has got all the bells and whistles you can think of, but when it comes to matching projection side by side and working with curved screens, it's a nightmare. So I look forward to hearing more about this...

The geometric reform function in the NEC LT240 projectors are interesting as MattO indicated. But the number of control points and overall functionality is fairly limited when getting into detail.

Also, as GSalden mentioned, there is also keystone correction on some of the NVIDIA cards (but no good for curved displays). NVIDIA also offer an edge blending function with some of the QuadroFX cards, but again when I last played with this feature, the end result wasn't perfect.

My point I guess is that there are some good "for free" features with some existing hardware products out there, but once you get into the real nitty gritty of aligning multiple displays, then it's sometimes hard to do with these existing but features.

If anyone has used the NEC LT240 function and tried the same thing with Sol7, I'm sure there would be some interesting comments.

Thanks ivar for the positive response about Sol7 and how it may meet some of your visual needs.

Sol7 currently supports the multi-PC, WideView approach and also works with the TH2Go cards. However, with the TH2Go, it only sees the display as one overall display (rather than three seperate outputs). Therefore, at this point, Sol7 only provides one configuration screen per TH2Go box, so it's only capable of warping and edge blend the whole output.

We are currently working on supporting this set-up to provide a configuration screen for each display, so it would be interesting to know current usage of both the TH2Go and WideView displays.

Any comments on current set-ups and preferences??

Quote Originally Posted by ivar hestnes View Post
    I have read this thread now, and I am very pleased.

I think we sim-builders have a bright future when it comes to visuals. Software like this is exactly what we need.

I think it is important to write down here in this thread what kind of feautures we need. Maybe to eliminate features in software we dont need but the professionals use.

Maybe the software can be simplified to home-entertainment use, and get a price we can live with. And still have the features we need.

Andy B. Thank you very much for your time to look into our fabulous hobby

I think there are two kinds of main setup that needs to be covered. Visual through a tripplehead2go and setup with three main computers running visual with Widewiew.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast