Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

CHCOMM3.ZIP

Hi jim .... motor control boards are here and guess what i'll also be maiking this weekend cnat seem to find CHCOMM3 @ the website link any clues as to how dep it's buried LOL

150+ Forum Groupie

Speel checker required l-)

Sorry about the errors in the last post guys .. a little too comfortable , coffee, magazines , haste makes waste

Calvin .. It is there, even listed under "hot files for yesterday"

At flightsim.com you need to register (free) then go thru to the files section then
    do a search for "chcomm3a.zip"
    Dont forget the "a" (after the 3) or you will download the old one.

Just a wee hint Calvin ... the variable speed units ,,... You dont need them to get the whole thing running.
    Get the whole platform running without those units and then fit them,, as the motion platform will work fine except the starts will be jerky and the speed too quick.
    Fitting them after keeps the commissioning very simple to track faults and of course, the less electronics to blow up due to a "wee" mistake you might have made. !!!

Keep fiddling ... Jim NZ
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

150+ Forum Groupie

Control kit Built 1 of 4

Hi Jim ... been a busy boy this weekend ...got my bits for the 1st phase build ( 1 off Steering Box ...Prop shaft with Universal Joint, Wiper motor assembly , 2 Off Motor Control card kits ) now looking at the connections from the relays to the control card and Micro swithces... ( A Little head scatching going on here not down to the info you have given, just me trying to get my head round certain connections) seems i have to Tap into the outpiut of the 12Vdc Regulator , Remove C2 and add a Power Diode and Cap across the Motor Output of the Control extend Off PCB to Motor reversal Relay .. 2 things where the info from DSE conflicts with your Working Model...They indicate the diode /Cap be fitted to the Motor and they show 2 possible connection for the Motor i.e < 10amp connect to = & - Terminals of Motor control Card and > 10Ams to be Connected to the Source and Heatsink terminal which i gather will be the Drain.. i know you made it clear this was not a beginners project so i respect that just trying to understand why certain approaches were taken.. PS Did you fit the Fuse as supplied with the kit.. have taken some photos of my collection of bits so far now have to figure out how to go about posting them on the forum.. Building the second kit at present and will be placing an order for the other 2 the=at i forgot later this week

Board mods

Hi Calvin, sorry for delay.. work !! anyway, at the progress you are making, its probably working by now. !!
    I used the > 10 amps ... electrically they are both the same and the only difference is, the >10amp is connected to the mosfets directly so there is no large load going thru the tracks on the printed circuit board. (avoids burning up the copper tracks if there is a fault or intermittant large load)
    The C2 thing ... I suggest you build the board as designed in the kit, and then once its all going, bring in the refinements (the wiring to the "action"relay.) Your going thru a huge learning curve here and its best to keep it simple and then "refine" later, rather than incorperating "tricks" right from the start.
    The diode and cap across the motor ... As I used the >10amp method, this leaves the holes free on the PCB where the motor could have been wired to (<10 amp method) so I just used them, remember, they are electrically the same so it was quite conveniant. Remember to fit the diode the right way round
    The fuse !!! was that what it was I ended up with 4 spare fuses !! But no, I didnt use them,, I like to live dangerously !! The thrill... you know Calvin ?? But there are fuses at the power supply to protect for big faults.

Hope everything is going well ... whens take off ?? ... Jim NZ

Hi Jim,

I noticed you have updated your website. It really is a great source of information. Thanks to your software examples, I've made good progress on the motion interface, finalized enough to start work on the mechanical side of the platform. A folded cable-pulley system this time, that should fit in my attick. see http://www.simprojects.nl/new_ideas.htm

Just a note: I had to update my links to your site, as you have changed the name of http://www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.html to http://www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm (just one letter different, but someone might think your site went down)

Rgds

-----------------
    Roland
    www.simprojects.nl

Site update

Hi Roland, and when I first read your posting, I though,, "oh, bother" ... When I done the update, I thought I would tidy up the system (some were htm, some were html) and I never even gave it a thought as to the consequence. !!! I went staight back and changed the intro page to take either htm or html ... so hopefully the link problem is fixed.

Now talking of updates....

Your site is brilliant Roland, and with the constant updates and fresh idea's you are throwing up, makes it a site I am following when ever I do a "have a look around" I particullary like your idea of the new pitch method. !!! Although it wont suit me with the rebuild, it certainly has merrit for other motion pit builders.... So easy to do !!

Last friday seen the old "box" sim finally stripped down to nothing and Saturday seen the start of the new one ... Stay tuned ... and the same as you, although not as serious, height is a problem. It is surprising the room you need for a moving sim especially when you add 360 degree yaw .... My garage has a low ceiling so the challenge is there to overcome.

Great work Roland... Great website (they are a lot of work, arent they?) and you got heaps of fresh idea's... keep it up.

See you .... Jim

Update

Hi Guys... Just a note to let you know, I have updated my site.

You will have to click "reload" or "refresh" to see them if you have been in my site before. (Not sure how to get over that problem if I do an update.)

As I was wrecking my old sim, I took some good pictures of the drives so they may be of help to others.

Keep fiddling !!!

See you ..... Jim NZ
    www.jimspage.co.nz

150+ Forum Groupie

Still Collecting Bits

Hi Jim Hope this E-mail Address is still Valid , been back to your website actually i look in every day and saw some great updates , Photos were like they say Spoke a thousand words got a lot of tips from seeing the dismantling Photos , Absoloutly great stuff from you as always. i have not been draging my heels just hassle sourcing the bits , Bought all my relays and have am constructing my delevopment wiring layout. Been to loads of Boot sales and picked up bits and pieces that will come in handy , Also got my Steering Box and Propshaft. A Good friend of my has phoned to say he has some Angle iron 1 1/4" x 1 1/4 " so that will help no end ...... Progress is being made but their never seems enough time LOL ..Nice work on the start of your New Baby , bet your gonna have some serious fun and Head scratching . thought i'd attach some pic's of some of the bits just for your amusment Keep up the good work Cos your setting the standard . Hope you get these cos i know you mentioned on your website that the usual ****heads have spolied a good thing for a lot of people . er Guys How do you Post Pictures On This Forum D'Oh

Best Regards
    [img][/img]

The harware

Hi calvin, Wondered where you had gone ... but you are obviously busy getting the bits together.
    Yes I got your email and the pictures and things are definately all go over there alright !!!
    I got to admitt when I seen the wiper motor without the "crank" I paniced, but then I seen it at the bottom of the pix. ... whew !! a real important bit that is.

Pictures on the forum need to come from a link from a site somewhere else but suggest you open up an albulm here at ifsbi.com and put them there for all to see. (Now theres a wee challenge for you )

The steering box looks a good solid one Calvin ... well done there .. and you have vertually all the mechanical bits you need now. So after you finish with the soldering iron, all **** will break loose.

Yes ... my old sim.. wrecking it was a bit sad, but that has been overcome with the excitement of actually starting the new one and of course the new one was always the focus of what I wanted. Boy, has the design changed over the years

Keep us posted Calvin and open up a photo albulm here and post your pictures. ... Your progress is a great value to others that are watching.

Cheers from NZ ... Jim NZ
    www.jimspage.co.nz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast