Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question 737 400 Question

Hi Guys and Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays. I have a question about a 737-400 set up. Using the Wilco 737 400 I would love to replicate this version. I was toying with the idea of using the Nvidia 8800gt 512mb and it's 2 outputs, one output with the Tripple head 2 go and the other output I would connect a projector for forward visuals. That way I could undock and shift the PFD, EHSI to one screen have it replicated on another for the F/O and the engine cluster plus gear lever and flaps on a center screen. Could this arrangment work? A problem I see here is that I wouldn't be able to have an altimeter or vsi because there isn't clickable ones to undock. They are anologue in the 737-400 (Unlike the 737ng you can have these displayed on the pfd an nd.) Would there be anyway to have a working altimeter and vsi for this aircraft for this setup. I am not trying to replicate this aircraft 100% but would love the realistic feeling every pilot is looking for. Also could this setup run off one computer well? I'm running Intel duo core 2 e6600 4 gig ram Nvidia 8800gt 512mb and Fs2004. Thanks in advance guys for any help.
    Happy simming everyone
    Drewsta.

G'day Drewsta,

I am currently doing something very similar (albeit I am making hardware panel surrounds too, to go around the monitors). I am using the wonderful feelThere/Wilco Airbus Series 1 & 2 as my base.

I can see your problem with the Altimeter and VSI, because I had similar probs with the other analogue classic - the 767.

What you could do, is buy hardware gauges for these, and build them into your set up. You can buy a working USB (plug n play) VSI and altimeter and then build them into your set up.

Check out www.simkits.com and www.flightillusion.com

PS.. I like your choice - the Wilco/feelThere 737 PIC is a damn fine airplane!

Cheers,

David
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Hi David Thanks for the reply and your advice. Those gauges are fantastic (but never cheap are they!) I think that Boeing altimeter would do the trick nicely. I will also be covering my screens with a 737-400 MIP and i'll replicate that as best as possible. I do love the 700-800 series but the 400 is something different.
    By the way I have no idea about networking computers so I will try and get away with using one computer. Hope it works ok!
    Thanks again.

150+ Forum Groupie

Drewsta how are you progressing. I am just about to start my Wilco PIC 737-300 project. Santa is bringing me a Hagstrom KE72 card. I still believe in him at 63 yrs old!!!I might go with the simkits VSI as Dave suggested. Also worried about just how many PIC systems/controls we can set to switches etc. Am relying on the excellent FSUIPC to sort a lot of that out.

Hey guys,

I am finding that interfacing with the Wilco / feelThere aircraft is a bit better than I first expected.

Firstly, there are some good custom key commands available from the 'Configurator' (FCU controls, etc).

Then, if you check the Support area of the wilco site, you find that there are some standard FS commands (those that relate to Helicopters), where the offsets have been used for custom controls (things life EFIS range and mode settings).

Lastly, there are a good amount of standard FSUIPC commands that work great with the PICs .....eg... I was at first disappointed that Wilco never assigned a custom keystroke for the engine start sequence on the Airbus Series, but I since discovered that the FSUIPC "Engine 1 autostart" and "Engine 2 autostart" work great, so I can still build realistic start switches and assign them (via my KE72) to these FSUIPC key strokes.

It's going a lot better than I expected!

Holclo - You will LOVE the Hagstrom, I know I do !! The possibilities are endless!

(See me seperate thread on first use of my Hagstrom).

Regards,
    David R
    Durham, England

Wink Slowly getting ready guys.

Hi Guys Iv'e been researching as much as possible about what sort of dedicated setup I'm after. I'm slowly getting the base setup I need and just recieved my brand new Gainward Nvidia gold edition pre clocked 8800gt!! (TH2GO to come)This card is a beauty and works really well. I think I might have solved my alitimeter and vsi problem too with some great input and help from people in another thread. I'm thinking about resizing the main panel and splitting it across 3 screens. Check out the picture below and have a look at the panels. This guy had negated the need to buy any real gauges by enlarging the main panel which looks quite effective. ( Would look really good with a mip template.)I'll find the site and link shortly. You don't even need fs panel studio to do it either just some patience and playing with numbers in the panel.cfg. I haven't quite mastered it yet myself but getting the idea on how it works.

Here is JJBorges cockpit project on the FeelThere forums.
    http://www.iemit.com/forum/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Drewsta,

Just been checking that out (and left Jose a message on the feelThere forum). The only issue you would have with FS Panel Studio is that I think all feelThere gauges are locked out ....they certainly are for the Airbus).

However, basic scaling, by editing the .cfg should do exactly what you're looking for.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your proress!
    David R
    Durham, England