Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Did the flights Michel used (EBOS-EGKK-EBOS) and must say that the routeplanning seems to be working fine now.
But, experienced problems with the A/T & speed restraints (don't know if this is CDU related).
Taking off from rwy 26 EGKK or 08 EBOS and using SID's means a sharp 180 degrees turn towards your destination. So I wanted the speed low (220 kts) until after the turn. Entered these restrictions in the LEGS page but the a/c busted them several times. I even had the speed going into the 350 (in stead of staying at least below 250).
On one test the VNAV speed stuck to 220 (while it should have been 250). Engaging SPD I selected 250 but as soon as it was on 250 and engaging VNAV, it dropped back to 220 (while the CDU showed 250).
I also noticed that between two waypoints where a speed restriction was entered, the speed was suddenly changed from let's say 190 to 250 (not nice when you are about to nose over on final).
Having similar issues with VNAV speed not adhering to what you program. I even had an issue where I did an RNAV approach and set my FAF speed and altitude restrictions in the legs page of 140kts at whatever altitude. The plane flew as directed and landed no issues. I then flushed the CDU as per the usual and entered my next leg of my journey. Upon takeoff, the VNAV/FMC speed would not budge above 140 even after flushing the CDU multiple times. The only fix was to shutdown the CDU and restart it fresh. It seems to want to remember the last speed you entered and will not forget it even after entering a new flightplan from scratch.

My typical routine upon completion of a leg is now to close the CDU and restart the program to make sure there is no errant data still in the computer. Seems to work just fine that way but a fix to this pricey software would be nice!

Just one more observation on a seperate issue: as long as you don't enter an approach, route generation seems to be much improved. The usual craziness starts when entering your approach, but by the time I get to finishing the STAR I just erase the whole arrival and select only the approach I need, then go direct to the first waypoint it indicates.