Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Autothrottle and PM-MCP

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    I can tell you from direct expierence, i tried all the different offsets, it didn't matter. Had the same issue, throttles that jerked all over the place! Only when using PM-MCP. Default FS AT and my levers moved smoothly.
    Hi

Then I think you have some kind of cycle time problem or something like I described before. It is very easy to simply think it is the PM software at fault, but I really think it is not. I'm about to go into the sim with two pilots this morning, and the AT is running extremely well, just as it has done for the past 1.5ys. If there was a problem with the PM MCP controlling the AT I'd be one of the first to see it I can assure you of that. I'm not saying it is easy to get all this working smoothly, but if you think the problem lies with the PM MCP - I'd suggest you might be chasing in the wrong direction there.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

75+ Posting Member

is it possible that the reason is a confict beween FS9 and PM? I guess that you have removed the original panels from the FS) aircraft, so the FS9 MCP isn磘 working!? If not, you should do it.

You also could try to change tje offsets for throttles 1 and 2. I had similar problmes and after changing the offsests i does working perfect.

Thomas

25+ Posting Member

Hi

Jonathan i think the problem exist from the values in the AT Factor screen.

Please can you add your values that you use in your sim?

SPD%<11000FT
    SPD%>11000FT
    THRLIMIT% (what this means?)
    LVLCHNG%
    MACH%
    THR SYNC ON or OFF (what they doing this)?
    FD<200KT
    FD>200KT

Please when you have time check and add your values of your sim.
    I suggest the other simmers who have A/T problems to add in the CDU the values when Jonathan give us.

Thanks for the help all of you.
    Regards
    Lambis

150+ Forum Groupie

Autothrottle and PM-MCP

SPD%<11000FT // 110
    SPD%>11000FT // 110
    THRLIMIT% // 100
    LVLCHNG% // 120
    MACH% // 100
    THR SYNC ON or OFF // OFF (it will sync both throttles)
    FD<200KT // 100
    FD>200KT // 100

You are welcome to try, but this is tuned for our sim...

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

300+ Forum Addict

I have just discovered something that also may be of interest. In the Airbus FCU I changed the cycle time and it fixed completely a problem I have been having for months with doing ILS appraches in FSX.
    It was CycleMilliseconds= 80 and I changed it to 30 and BINGO, but when I shut the program down (FCU and WIDE Client) it changed the CycleMilliseconds= to 80 again. Even after a complete re-install when it dfaulted to 50, after the first flight and then shutdown, it immediately went to 80 !!
    Not sure yet why this is happening but may help with some of the problems that are being encountered.
    Regards.................Brian W.

150+ Forum Groupie

Autothrottle and PM-MCP

Hi

The cycle time is just one factor, problems can be further than this, down to your network, speed of computers, badly set-up computers, bad chip-sets / drivers, old computers, very fast and very slow miss matches of networked computers, different OS machines mixed on the network, and the one thing that is really important is a good network, that is stable and stable machines, the PM software requires that it must communicate between each program - if the lines get blocked you will have problems. If you set things up carefully, and are really focused and pay a lot of attention to it, then everything will run correctly. Many factors can cause programs to run badly or too slow or without correct resources.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

10+ Posting Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have the TQ of FSC and with the PM MCP the throttle move up and down when I use the TO mode and with the LVL CHG in descend, if I use the MCP default the TQ work very well in all mode.

I see in the EICAS monitor when this problem is in act and the gauges N1 move up and down same of TQ.

Anyone have solve this problem?

I have make all the modify in this forum and I check all PC's and the network but the problem is not resolve.

I think the problem is in the PM MCP software.

Thanks

Pino

Quote Originally Posted by pinosoft View Post

Thanks
    Pino
    Pino,

I have been using servo controlled auto-throttles for almost 2 years now will all versions of the PM MCP and I never had this problem after I got the right offsets, so I really don't think this is a PM MCP software problem.

The only problem I ever had was at the beginning when I used the offset that you mentioned at the beginning of this thread (Offset 088C) and the associated offset (0924). You cannot have the same offsets for the throttle pots & the servo motors. The servo motors must use the following offsets (089A & 0932). I may have the values reversed since I'm going from memory here, but the offsets have to be different for the throttle pots and the throttle servos otherwise you will get very strange behaviour and this will only show up once you connect TQ hardware with servo (or motor) controlled throttle handles.

Having said that & not knowing about your particular configuration, all I can tell you is that this is what I had to do in my case to get the A/T to work properly.

Maurice

Edit: As I susopected, I had the values reversed. The servo motors use the following offsets 088C & 0924 and the throttle pots use these offsets:089A & 0932
    Last edited by mauriceb; 08-27-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Error

9. Thanks Anderson/SBSP thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Thank you very much Maurice,

I using the TQ with the original hardware from FSC, before change the all original hardware with the OC electronics cards (mastercard, usbservo,ecc.) I want be sure the problem is not solve in other way.

I don't know what offsets using the FSC driver for pot and servo, I try contact the FSC staff for more information.

Thank again and regards

Pino

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by pinosoft View Post
    Hi,

I have the same problem, I have the TQ of FSC and with the PM MCP the throttle move up and down when I use the TO mode and with the LVL CHG in descend, if I use the MCP default the TQ work very well in all mode.

I see in the EICAS monitor when this problem is in act and the gauges N1 move up and down same of TQ.

Anyone have solve this problem?

I have make all the modify in this forum and I check all PC's and the network but the problem is not resolve.

Thanks

Pino
    Hi

What software drives your ThrottleQ. ?
    Regards
    Thomas

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast