Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crisis point!

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Good news! Nice to hand fly isn't it!?

If i hit the lottery, i'm getting a real sim from the airliners! )

Boeing 777 Builder

David,

I go through this every other month, and after seeing and flying Gwyn's (Westozy) 737 I was almost tempted to go down that path, but I stuck to my guns with my PC12. Not the biggest or most glorious like the airliner series but it holds a special place for me in the real world, and not too long ago they announced their Next Gen series and my enthusiasm was renewed (although I haven't started the new build yet). So yes it is surprising what can come from a little healthy re-assessing.

However having invested so much in the 737 I'd stick with that.

Ken.

If I hit the lottery, I'm getting a real PC12!
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

David,

As with Ken, I go through this line of thought frequently - my ERJ 145 is 100% full scale, so its hard to imagine it as being something else - despite its 737 PM logics.

I also went to a different airport (in my case Zaragoza - I like the view out of the coffee shop onto the apron ), No ILS etc, and hand flew to Bilbao - this was a bit caused because I have a wiring fault between the I/O card and the A/P hardware, but I really enjoyed it!
    I also whacked the weather into a full thunderstorm to make it more interesting, and get a kick out of the sub woofers under my seat.

Keep at it - after all, its all pretend really!
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

David lol this is a great post I feel exactly the same way I have changed my mind so many times and even now as i build a CRJ sim I think " Am I makeing the right choice, is this the sim I really want " Fortunatly I have not invested so much money in the CRJ that i would feel too bad about changeing my mind. My biggest worry is that it will be another year gone and I will still have nothing that resembles a sim.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

David, sorry if your original intent has been lost, but this thread is quickly turning into more of a 'Therepy' thread than 'crisis'!

In response, I want to take everyone back to the desktop- it's really an amazing sim all in itself. You get virtually an unlimited number of aircraft to choose from and then throw in a butt kicker, Track IR, and a decent sized monitor and you are good to go. I ALMOST sold my Track IR 4 to have extra $$$ for the sim, but then I realized that would be a bad decision. I LOVE the Flight 1 C172, especially flying around dusk at the Flight Scenery Rhode Island package. Using Track IR really makes it much more realistic, and the same with the Dream Fleet Baron 58. This is what I will go back to when flying the Learjet high and fast is not the mood Im in.

Also, Black Widow- You may be closer to having a sim than you realize. This was what happend to me back in the late Spring. Take inventory of what you have. Obviously, if you have a PC to run FS on and the PMRJ software, then make a temporary instrument panel out of some thin Luan or something else. Cut out the bezel areas, and buy a 2nd monitor to run off your PMRJ pc so at least you have a full display. Mount a CH yoke on a piece of pipe and save up for some interfacing and go to radio shack and buy some switches. It's amazing how much you can do for very little just like this. Some how, doing just this, Ive got a really nice looking Learjet sim on the way. No, my panels havent been made by great producers like Joe or Pete or Engravity (yet!) but they will be one day. For now, what I have will work great till the panels are available. (In fact you guys are going to be amazed when you see the updates on my project).

What Im saying is, find common materials from your local hardware store and build something.

For David R., all I can say is that the NG is a great aircraft, but if you dont like it, fly it till you find a buyer for it and sell the entire thing in one piece if possible.

Then start on your next project while ducking the flying glass from your wife!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

MyCockpit Support Staff

NG = Nothing Greater.

Or as the missus says......Nerd Gatherer!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    I LOVE the Flight 1 C172, especially flying around dusk at the Flight Scenery Rhode Island package. Using Track IR really makes it much more realistic, and the same with the Dream Fleet Baron 58. This is what I will go back to when flying the Learjet high and fast is not the mood Im in.
    Golden words. I do exactly the same. The combination of DreamFleet Baron, TrackIR, Rhode Island and a huge screen is very addictive, and in a way, seducing. Everything fits just right, blending together in perfect harmony, to provide that amazing feeling of flight that rarely comes across in a 'desktop' sim. Few other choice components such as CaptainSim a/c, Aeroworx King Air and some very select sceneries can convey the same feeling and sensation of flight.... a rare blend indeed. Capturing this blend and carrying it on forward is probably one of the main arts of 'real' sim building.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

When I started to build mine, there were no second thoughts about which aircraft to model. I was going to build a 727 come **** or high water, and be damned at what anyone else though or said about the impossibilities, stumbling blocks, and support. It was the 727 or nothing.

If I had changed my mind based on opinions of others I would have never been happy with another aircraft.

Building the aircraft you want to model can be done if you want it badly enough.

Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!