Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Try to set CorrectVSsign to on in FSUIPC.
    Not sure if that solves your problem but it is worth a try.

Norbert,

I'll give it a try but the CPFlight manual states that you have to uncheck this (if I'm not mistaken).

JWS

150+ Forum Groupie

V/S

Hi

Check also that the CPFlight firmware is: 2.05. I will check this 6000ft V/S thing as well is not in the newer MCP build.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Jonathan,

I've done some testing in relation to the problems I reported.
    It turns out that the CPFlight stand alone works OK. After selecting the V/S I get 0000 and after that I can dial + or - to gain of loose altitude.

PM stand alone works OK as well. Changing ALt, pressing V/S, window shows 0000, then dial the desired vertical speed. Works like a charm

As soon as I combine the two, things go wrong. etc. Changing altitude by using V/S is only possible by hitting LVL CHG first and wait long enough to get stabilized. After that I press V/S and mostly it takes over the positive or negative value according to the LVL CHG. Using the V/S on its self is disastrous. When I push the V/S I always get a 6000 pitch up. When I press V/S again I (to get lower) I get a negative value but the aircraft doesn't respond to that. Pressing again leads to all kind of values + or -.

Run XP pro, latest PM (422) but went back to older versions with the same result, Firmware 2.05, FSUIPC, FS9.

Rgeards,
    JWS

Boeing

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Okay, not to hijack, but here's a question for those 'in the know'.

When you change ALT on the autopilot and either increase or decrease its value, should the VS be 0000 FMP or some user-chosen value somewhere between 0000 and 1800 FPM?

I know where to change this in the aircraft file, just wondering what most transport aircraft should be in this regard.
    Hi,

In relation to the 767300, when V/S is engaged the window opens AT the current vertical speed. The danger with the v/s on the 763 is that you can fly through the altitude in the MCP altitude window. One to watch just in case you think its like VNAV or FLCH. You could bust your altitude very quickly or look out the window and wonder why the houses are gettn bigger!

James

75+ Posting Member

hi,
    i have the problem that when always engaging VNAV the plane climbs direct with 6000 feet per minute, this is not real. is here a solution for ?
    Phil.

150+ Forum Groupie

V/S problem

Hi

It sounds like a read back problem then from the hardware, we would have to look into that in combination with the CPFlight MCP. I will also check this with the new MCP build.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson View Post
    Hi

It sounds like a read back problem then from the hardware, we would have to look into that in combination with the CPFlight MCP. I will also check this with the new MCP build.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson

Jonathan,

any news on this issue? Using LVL CHG doesn't work with landings so I sure could use a proper functioning V/S (please).

Best regards,

JWS

150+ Forum Groupie

Unwanted pitch up 6000ft/min

>any news on this issue? Using LVL CHG doesn't work with landings so I sure could use a proper functioning V/S (please).

Hi

Unfortunately I do not see any problem with V/S at all here. It could be an ini setting that is different. My only thought is that perhaps AutoV/S ini setting is off in the simulator - but I still have to cross check that. I made a note to observe the V/S selection in the last sim session and I saw no errors. It was operating exactly like it should (never saw 6000ft/min!!). I also have a vague memory that errors like this can be down to either the panel.cfg file or the aircraft.cfg file settings. But this is just vague - it is a long time since I saw or had to deal with V/S errors. We also run CPFLight MCP with latest firmware in the sim. I will keep an eye out for this though, and also check the ini settings re the auto setting.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

150+ Forum Groupie

Unwanted pitch up 6000 ft/min

>i have the problem that when always engaging VNAV the plane climbs direct with 6000 feet per minute, this is not real. is here a solution for ?
    Phil.[/QUOTE]

Did you follow correct procedures? What was the GW indicated in the CDU prior to take-off? And did this match the G/W computation of your airfile? Did you check that? And the type.txt entry Netweight? Which build of the CDU are you using? It is possible with a light aeroplane to get 6000ft per min climb at low altitude and max thrust. Perhaps the actual weight of your flight model differs from the CDU type txt weight? Please check it is *very* important. It could also be your general procedures / ops are incorrect, a/c load (G/W?), and perhaps even maybe a bad flight model, or the climb thrust tables are wrong...? It can be many things, maybe all is correct, you just took-off with a very light aeroplane !

I tested some VNAV procedures a few days ago, the default VNAV speeds computed by the CDU were set to 250kts for the SID which I did not accept, so I input slower speeds for the early part of the SID prior to departure, after take-off, and when I selected VNAV, it flew the profile in the climb correctly. I saw no 6000ft per min climbs....

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast